Touchline shouts is missing something

Personally, I think the touchline shouts has been a great addition. I regularly use them and find them useful. In particular, I get a lot of joy of the "retain possession" shout when I'm looking to hold onto a narrow lead.

Despite this, there's something that I think is missing. Yeah, it's great that we can shout instructions. But that's all we can shout. Sometimes I don't want to shout a particular instruction. Sometimes, I'd just like to be able to shout encouragement or praise or..well... the opposite! In real life, I'm sure managers sometimes just shout a word of praise or criticism at the players. It's not just about instructing them.

Furthermore, we need to be able to target touchline shouts at individuals as well as at the team as a whole. We've all seen managers bellowing furiously to try and get the attention of a particular player. This really needs to be added. I'm not sure exactly how it would be implemented in terms of the layout, but that's not for me to worry about! The fact remains SI should really be thinking about how they can make it happen.

So basically you are asking for these shouts to be added:

Pat players on the back

Swear and shout

Throw boot at players

Kick water bottle

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but that's not what I'm asking for. Although those are extreme examples.

I'm asking for a realistic development of touchline shouts to allow managers to encourage their players or to criticise them, and also the option to shout instructions/praise/criticism to individual players as well as to the team as a whole.

So basically you are asking for these shouts to be added:

Pat players on the back

Swear and shout

Throw boot at players

Kick water bottle

Way to completely miss the point :rolleyes:

Great ideas Mike, definitely something that SI should be looking at :thup:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but that's not what I'm asking for. Although those are extreme examples

Bit of both really.

I would love to have more shouts available - however, im not sure that it would 'work'

The reason being that each shout has to have a built in effect - eg - play safer means that the sliders move a little bit towards more defensive and less freedom (or something like that).

If you expand the shouts, you run the risk of them overlapping or simply, not having a disernably different result.

I DO want a 'swear and scream at players' shout - I really really do.

I would also like a 'exploit right flank' or left flank, rather than both - I want a way of picking on a dodgy wing back that I can see in the match engine. The problem is, when I use the available shout, the players always seem to focus on the OTHER flank....

I would also like a 'exploit right flank' or left flank, rather than both - I want a way of picking on a dodgy wing back that I can see in the match engine. The problem is, when I use the available shout, the players always seem to focus on the OTHER flank....

was thinking the same. being able to pick which side would save a bit of time.

One thing I've always thought would be useful for a while now, something i've particularly noticed with managing Man Utd and Milan, and having to deal with Paul Scholes and Gennaro Gattuso, is the touchline shout "CALM THE F**K DOWN" when one of your players is on a yellow and hacking players down left right and centre

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but that's not what I'm asking for. Although those are extreme examples.

I'm asking for a realistic development of touchline shouts to allow managers to encourage their players or to criticise them, and also the option to shout instructions/praise/criticism to individual players as well as to the team as a whole.

Looks like he was being sarcastic, but I see what you mean, shouts like perhaps "Keep up the good work", "Work Harder" or maybe something like "Show more enthusiasm/passion" could only be good additions and I'm sure SI will be looking into developing the touchline shouts in this sort of way just like they're doing with every feature in the game.

Very happy with the touchline shouts as they are for now though, it's a brilliant new feature and I use it every match but of course I always feel there's room for improvement and new additions like this one to this type of feature.

Looks like he was being sarcastic, but I see what you mean, shouts like perhaps "Keep up the good work", "Work Harder" or maybe something like "Show more enthusiasm/passion" could only be good additions and I'm sure SI will be looking into developing the touchline shouts in this sort of way just like they're doing with every feature in the game.

Very happy with the touchline shouts as they are for now though, it's a brilliant new feature and I use it every match but of course I always feel there's room for improvement and new additions like this one to this type of feature.

That could become repetitive though, especially if it's too obvious, e.g., a particular shout is always better than nothing in particular circumstances. Then these shouts just become mechanical responses (which the team talk already are in most situations....)

Then again the same could be argued for with the current touchline shouts after playing for a while.

i think it would be a good idea and should work perhaps in a similar way to team talks and so shouldn't affect the sliders but only motivation, confidence, nervousness, complacency etc.

I would like to see player specific shouts.

Good save. Keep it up. Encourage. Improve or your off. Stuff like that.

The issue I see with this, is that you would need a 40' monitor to be able to display 11 players shouts + 4 options for each of those + the already existing options.

One thing I've always thought would be useful for a while now, something i've particularly noticed with managing Man Utd and Milan, and having to deal with Paul Scholes and Gennaro Gattuso, is the touchline shout "CALM THE F**K DOWN" when one of your players is on a yellow and hacking players down left right and centre

Tactics -> Select player -> Advanced -> Tackling -> Light.

We can still use those darn sliders, you know.

Archived