Team suddenly turned crap

Hi everyone.

My team was flying in the first season, done really well to finish 3rd and qualify for the Europa Cup, and we won the Austrian Cup (I'm Linz LASK). About 8 games into the 2nd season the team has literally turned crap. With no change of the tactics, players are now misplacing easy passes, can't finish, not marking when I EXPLICITLY TELL THEM TO etc. It's not even the other teams doing anything to me.

Any ideas what could've caused this? It's not even a one off because it's happened in the last 8 or so matches!

Thanks.

poor morale makes everything turn to mush. and it also leads to many consequtive bad results.

one thing i try and do occasionally to deflect attention (pressure) away from the club to try and bring us out the rut is using the next opponent manager comments 2 days before a match.

the only i one i use is praise manager but im not really an expert with the manager comments.

also you could try fining some really bad performers.

get these slightly wrong and they backfire sometimes though.

Nothing frickin works... played the same game 10 times in a row now and they always score in the last 85 minutes.... every ball played remotely direct goes to the opposition, every opposition cross gets missed by my defenders (I just had 3 defenders miss 1 cross, which they scored). My strikers choose to shoot from 30+ yards rather than play the ball into space... this is pointless.

Hi everyone.

My team was flying in the first season, done really well to finish 3rd and qualify for the Europa Cup, and we won the Austrian Cup (I'm Linz LASK). About 8 games into the 2nd season the team has literally turned crap. With no change of the tactics, players are now misplacing easy passes, can't finish, not marking when I EXPLICITLY TELL THEM TO etc. It's not even the other teams doing anything to me.

Any ideas what could've caused this? It's not even a one off because it's happened in the last 8 or so matches!

Thanks.

This happened to me on FM09 - I called it the second season blues! I was successful in the first season and the second season was just a complete turn around. I tried everything possible. First season went well on FM10 and Ive only played 3 matches all super cup matches and I have struggled. :)

You could try hastily scheduling a friendly against your U-18s, or a really poor side. Sometimes being able to utterly tonk a pathetically poor team will give your players enough of a morale boost to pick themselves up. Otherwise, if you are trying restarts, try a very defensive line-up, play for the draw and then go all-out in the first game you have against weak opposition.

Archived