I would love to get into this game but its just so slow

I actually am running down my subscription on FM Live, as wanted to concentrate on the newly released FM10, I think i would love the game but i just am not being allowed the opportunity to get into, due to the speed, it is so slow and crawling along.

FYI - I am running a large database, with playable leagues of England, Italy & Spain on the below spec computer, which surely should be more than adequate:

I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop, please see my system specification below:

1720 CORE 2 DUO T9300 2.50GHz,800,6M 1 880.85 880.85 S

200-53996 N0572011 1 S

230-10093 17.0" UltraSharp Widescreen WUXGA (1920x1200) TFT Display with TrueLife (Wide Viewing

Angle)

1 S

370-12386 Memory Dual Channel 4.0GB (2x2048) 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 1 S

400-14158 Hard Drive 320GB SATA (5400rpm) 1 S

429-12660 Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including software 1 S

450-10998 AC Adapter 90W 1 S

451-10443 Primary 6-cell 56WHr Li-Ion Battery 1 S

460-10244 Carrycase X-Large Nylon (17") 1 S

490-10656 NVIDIA® GeForce Go 8600M GT with 256MB DDR2 dedicated graphic memory 1 S

506-10024 Dell Travel Remote control 1 S

530-10762 UK Modem Cable and Adapter Internal V.92 Data, Fax, Voice Functions 1 S

555-11012 Intel® Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-PCI Card, EUR 1 S

555-11135 European - Dell TrueMobile 355 internal Bluetooth Module 1 S

I have downloaded latest graphic drivers, tried the game with anti-virus on and off and its just so slow (like 5-10 seconds between some menu selections)

Would really appreciate some help?

Thought I would provide some additonal system issue as this is annoying the hell out of me:

I am running Windows Vista and below are my systems performance info:

Component Subscore

Processor 5.4

Memory 5.1

Graphics 5.9

Gaming Graphics 5.2

Primary Hard Disc 5.3

Base Score of 5.1

Sorry I can not help you becasue I do not know a great deal about computer/specs etc. But just wanted to say that I thought that FM10 was meant to run quicker than FM09, for me the speed of FM10 has now become so slow that it is nearly unplayable. On FM09 it ran fine and I had no problem . Same database/leagues as FM09 on FM10 and its just so much slower.

SI said that FM10 would run faster!!! Not for be anyway. :(

There's no reason that spec should run the game so slowly. Perhaps your computer has a very full registry or a lot of background processes chewing up CPU? How long have you been using the laptop now, and how often do you clean it up (defrags, registry cleans, maybe even formatting)?

the game runs nice and smoothly for me (maybe a few seconds delay after pressing 'Continue' sometimes but certainly doesn't bother me too much.)

seems the problem lies within your PC rather than the game.

I had some problems with the game being quite slow, and the 3d-match being jerky. I installed a program called Game Booster, a free program from IObit. It closes unneeded programs running in the background with one simple click and frees up a lot of memory. It fixed the problem for me at least, so you should give it a try.

@chips: yeah it should do, It will depends on how many leagues youre running and the detail level of the game. The more leagues the more processing the game has to do so the slower the game will run. So long as you dont over load youre system, like running every league in the game you shouldnt have any problems with the speed.

Anyway not really had many issus with the game speed myself. I have found the game to be pretty fast. If the computer is decent speck check youre system for background programs taking up the ram. My friend has compleated a full season on the family 6 year old computer i doubted would run the game at all. That was in the two days he was around at my house.

Also be thankful youre not playing CM10, got it under PWYW. FM runs like a car bump drafting at Talladage compared to the speed issus on that game.

Archived