Skin in FM2010 I HATE IT

Hi there,

I really like Fm, playing it since i was a kid ( CM / FM ) But every time there are changes, fine one.. With FM 2005 my world blew out of my brain. What a great game that year.. Easy to use.. really fine. The years after went even better! Thanks miles and co! Well, 2010, niks itunes-like skin in the game, but i cann't workt with it, searching for everything, missing important messages and on and on....

I can't wait for the 2009 skin to be released on Steam ( playing on steam )!

Please, please, make this content available!!! SOON!!!

Thanks

Roy

Hi there,

I really like Fm, playing it since i was a kid ( CM / FM ) But every time there are changes, fine one.. With FM 2005 my world blew out of my brain. What a great game that year.. Easy to use.. really fine. The years after went even better! Thanks miles and co! Well, 2010, niks itunes-like skin in the game, but i cann't workt with it, searching for everything, missing important messages and on and on....

I can't wait for the 2009 skin to be released on Steam ( playing on steam )!

Please, please, make this content available!!! SOON!!!

Thanks

Roy

Im not a fan of the default skin either, its a bit bright for me, hope you find one you like soon!

I think the UI is much much improved as well. Easier to get to screens you want quicker.
You are surely joking - the reason I haven't bought FM10 is that the UI is so much worse than FM09 and it takes you forever to find things that were 1 or 2 clicks away in FM09. This has been a serious step back for the interface this year - nothing flows naturally.

I think the dark skin is fine.

Agreed. I think the dark skin is the best that SI have produced thus far.

You are surely joking - the reason I haven't bought FM10 is that the UI is so much worse than FM09 and it takes you forever to find things that were 1 or 2 clicks away in FM09.

Rubbish! Play with the game for an hour or so and you'll soon figure out where everything is. Failing that you could alway take a look at the online manual that should help as well.

I think the dark skin is fine. I think the UI is much much improved as well. Easier to get to screens you want quicker. Apart from the reserve and U18 league tables!

I don't agree is much more complicated (enhance the fact that is new type of skin), but I feel simply lost with the skin, because I still feel not as intuitive I thought from what i have read.

I much prefer the light skin, if it's too bright - turn your monitor down :D

Seriously, I don't like the new UI, seems to take longer to get to common actions than 09, not quicker. I don't like the dark skin as everything seems to blend into one another.

Play with the game for an hour or so and you'll soon figure out where everything is. Failing that you could alway take a look at the online manual that should help as well.
The problem isn't knowing where things are - it's that they are in totally illogical places so you have way more mouse movement and key presses than in FM2009.

You are surely joking - the reason I haven't bought FM10 is that the UI is so much worse than FM09 and it takes you forever to find things that were 1 or 2 clicks away in FM09.

How many screens are there that you regularly go to that take more clicks in FM2010.

The UI in FM2010 is definitely worse than FM2009. It looks nice, but it's userbility is poorer. One problem that sticks out is adding players to shortlist being a longer process. I'm the sort who has a massive shortlist, and I only add players for a year, after which point they're booted off and I have to put them on again if I still want them on.

Now though I have to go to the relevant drop down menu > Scouting > Add to shortlist > Add for 1 year, whereas before the (If i remember correctly) you just went to add to shortlist and then add for 1 year.

I also think the tab system is worse than the tree menu, or whatever it was called, from before. If I had a tree menu open it was only 1 click. Now I always have to select the relevant tab, meaning it's 2 clicks, unless I'm already on the tab.

There's also numerous little display bugs, although some have passed over from FM2009 such as the scout report always resetting to the top, and the team screen always switching to general randomly.

At first I didn't quite like the new skin, but I love it now that I'm used to it. It's the first time I'm not waiting for a 3rd party skin to release. I think the white skin looks better than the dark one but it's hard on the eyes, so I'm using the dark one.

I also love the fact that we're able to customize it ingame, like having all the shortcuts to team, tactics etc at the top. I didn't know there was this option at first though, so now I'm back to being one click away from everything.

The problem isn't knowing where things are - it's that they are in totally illogical places so you have way more mouse movement and key presses than in FM2009.

They're not in illogical places, it's just that you're so used to the FM09 layout that it's taking you longer to find things.

They're not in illogical places, it's just that you're so used to the FM09 layout that it's taking you longer to find things.

Now Imagine someone that comes from FM07. I want to like it... really!!! But there is too many tabs, too different windows with the same thing. take ofr example the news. Why do we need four different windows in different places? One did the job.

Is there really going to be a FM 2009-like skin for FM10?

Yes it will be, but it will only be released after patch 2 because it needs some changes in the code.

Archived