8.0.2 Feedback Thread

Match engine gets a big thumbs up from me. Some nice variety and it feels like a game of footie which is always a nice plus.

On an aside note, in my current game (year 2017) the subs are still 5.

Coaching contracts appear to have been sorted. I'm delighted!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Match engine gets a big thumbs up from me. Some nice variety and it feels like a game of footie which is always a nice plus.

Coaching contracts appear to have been sorted. I'm delighted!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaveRH:

Coaching contracts appear to have been sorted. I'm delighted! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if they have updated it to 7 subs then i would think you'd have to restart to see that.

dont think they'd be able to add it to saved games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

ungface - kinda funny in a the human who made the error currently feeling pretty stupid and upset kind of way and is now scared to go to Portsmouth? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you mean they weren't scared to go before the error?

sound like a godsent in disguise icon_wink.gif

The general match engine seems a bit better in terms of how the game plays out. It does look a lot more like a real football match thats for sure.

Played it for a bit and it seems pretty much the same though. I hammer them into the ground then watch them score with their only shot on goal. Either that or there is about 8 goals a game. I'm still getting constant media garbage after every single game about controversial incidents too. My assistant doesn't seem to do team talks anymore and I can't see any mention of youth development being fixed so I think i'm going to leave FM for a couple of years now.

I don't really have the patience to play another season just to see if mess of 8.0.1 gets a little bit better, was hoping for something more instant.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

ungface - kinda funny in a the human who made the error currently feeling pretty stupid and upset kind of way and is now scared to go to Portsmouth? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Revenge will be at worldnet icon_smile.gif

My first impressions are that the match engine certainly looks a lot smoother, not played long enough to see how much better it is.

i do have a problem though. my Ass Man won't do team talks any more, or if he does its just one or two individual ones, anyone else found this?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheer Class:

Revenge will be at worldnet icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it won't icon_frown.gif

The game improves every patch. It is quite good now with 8.0.2, but I wouldn´t say no to 8.0.3. There SI have the chance to optimize the game and make it really good, because there are some things that need to be worked on. I would be very happy if SI decide to release one more patch in about a month. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by swirlypop69:

I agree a 8.0.3 is needed. You can tell already... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats 9.00 then. They've said this is the last patch for this game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonzo7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by swirlypop69:

I agree a 8.0.3 is needed. You can tell already... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats 9.00 then. They've said this is the last patch for this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"The update includes all of the transfers from the January transfer window and the latest (and hopefully final) patch for Football Manager 2008"

Miles wrote "hopfully final patch" so there could be a 8.0.3 icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

Sheer Class - we won't be there, so that'll be kind of hard. Apparently we aren't involved anymore, although the IFA forgot to tell us, so we read about it in a press release.

Deza - there are no plans for an 8.03, and there will only be one if there is a major crash issue that has somehow got through a very large amount of extensive testing.

Sheer Class - we won't be there, so that'll be kind of hard. Apparently we aren't involved anymore, although the IFA forgot to tell us, so we read about it in a press release.

Deza - there are no plans for an 8.03, and there will only be one if there is a major crash issue that has somehow got through a very large amount of extensive testing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, was hoping for it most because there is a huge problem in finances for some turkish teams that has to do with a coding issue.

So far so good in my newly started game. Almost played half a season and so far the match engine looks much improved. Shots on goal ratio and scoring seems to be realistic and the marking is much better.

Only strange thing is that I have had 6 penalties in 16 matches in the league. Could be sheer luck, but since I have scored on all of them I am not complaining. icon_smile.gif

Ofcourse still too early to tell if the issues with board confidence and slow developing regens are solved. The fix list says nothing about either issue it seems.

One small mistake. Ivica Kralj is out of contract at the moment. In 8.0.2. he's in Partizan.

That would be nice, but sadly, that's not the true... Last club: Rostov (Russia).

Hope You can fix it.

Best regards. icon_smile.gif

Funny if they are scared to go to Portsmouth because of an error in a game then yeah that is pretty funny tbh...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jwarner:

It seems the lack of quality regens doesn't seem to have been fixed. icon_frown.gif

That was the one thing I really would have liked to see. MLS is still pretty much broken. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It feels like SI missed a lot. Board Confidence problem, regens, stats dropps for no reason, players are not retained as they should be...

Feels like SI gave up on 2008 since the game was released. First of all it was released way too early. Why not wait to christmas as before and make the game better. Since the early release SI hasn´t be able to get this game to a good level. I was hoping very much that 8.0.2 would save it, but no. I think they focus on FM live now and thats why FM got suffering this version - 2008. The best thing would be to make a really good 8.0.3 and save this game. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

Only on my second match but immediatly there is a solidity in defensive play that has been lacking throughout FM08.

Its actually now possible to park the bus as such. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My defence has turned garbage. I can't get my CB's to mark at all, I have tried everything.

The opposition is always stood there on his own when the ball goes into my box, I have tried everything tactically and it doesn't change anything. Its almost as if the closing down bug is back and they just keep playing straight through me icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

My defence was solid, only conceded 17 in 28 games before, my first four games after and I lost 6-0, 4-0, 5-2, 3-2.

HELP!!!! icon_frown.gif

The good:

1. Strikers will finally try to round the keeper - great.

2. Near post corner is working again - love it .

3. Crosses from deep are more effective now - thanks for this fix.

The Bad:

1. Central Defenders always play backpass to the keeper(who then hoof the ball forward) under pressure - very annoying since I loose possesion. Even my 2 world class defender with 18 and 19 composure do this 9 out of 10 icon_frown.gif

2. Player above 30 year of age still loose attributes way to fast.

3. A player with low marking can follow a worldclass striker out of the game all 90 min if you set him to specific tight man marking.

4. Pace is still the main factor on how often your player can go past a defender - my FB with 18 pace, 18 acc and 12 dribbling do this alot more than my other who has 14 pace, acc and 17 dribbling.

Match Engine looks a hell of a lot better from what I've experienced in about 10 matches so far, the only down side is that offsides are still broken and the game is giving offsides for things that are just not offside... ie. the ball hitting a opposition player than landing to a player off yours that would have been in an offside position if it never came off the opposition defender - yet he's given offside.

I had a pacey attacker dribble.. not just round but sorta just past the keeper! Never seen that happen so tight in an FM match. I can just imagine a little fake and the keeper going down and the attacker dribbling it into the net.

Beautiful little touch.

For me, this game has turned into a joke now.

This version has been absolute pants, anyone with experience of FM knew this patch couldn't save FM '08.

When will this current version end ........ FM '09 I hear you say ??????

I DOUBT IT.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gazzamcg:

For me, this game has turned into a joke now.

This version has been absolute pants, anyone with experience of FM knew this patch couldn't save FM '08.

When will this current version end ........ FM '09 I hear you say ??????

I DOUBT IT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but i bet u still buy FM09,u have the choice to buy FM08 or not and u know theres always bug/problems to be fixed in the first release of the game

not looking for an argument btw icon_smile.gif

Archived