Wage budget

I'm a Premier League team and I'm looking to sign a couple of players. I have nothing to spend on transfers but I am £15.5k under my wage budget and with this I'm looking to sign one player on a free transfer and another on loan. Despite this, my board are only letting me put a tiny amount of this towards the player who I want to sign on a free (unless I make him a key player) and they won't let me make any wage contribution to the player I'm attempting to get in on loan.

Is there any way I can get around this? I don't won't to put the free transfer down as a key player because he's merely just adding much needed depth to my squad and I don't really want to sell anybody else in my squad to increase my wage budget. Also, I've already asked the board for an increase in my wage budget but they said no.

So any suggestions?

Nope no spare money at all. I've sent someone out on loan though, which has freed up £8k of wages, and now the board are happy to contribute to wages, so problem solved. I just didn't expect the board to be so tight with money, I always thought as along as you were under they'd let you spend money on wages. Obviously not though.

Archived