enourmous dividends

My board just paid out £300 million in dividends.

What surprised me is not just the sum (the previous season it was about £70m) but that this happened in April not the normal close season pay-out.

Can someone explain why or is it some kind of bug? I was approaching £1 billion so might it be to do with that?

My board just paid out £300 million in dividends.

What surprised me is not just the sum (the previous season it was about £70m) but that this happened in April not the normal close season pay-out.

Can someone explain why or is it some kind of bug? I was approaching £1 billion so might it be to do with that?

weard thing, but i have a friend who had almost the same kind of troble, but on an earlyer version and in the end the club sold all the good players to save club from bankrupt icon_smile.gif, i hope in you case it'll be different icon_wink.gif, maybe it's a bug

There is an old thread on here (sorry, can't be bothered to find the link where) about someone who reached 2billion and then suddenly had a 2billion debt overnight. I remember reading that it's a problem that when the finances get to that sort of large number, e.g. the billion mark the program can't handle it and poops itself.

Therefore to counter it, SI programmed a code so that when you approached the billion mark, the board would 'invest money' somewhere and therefore avoiding the unfortunate soiling of the games underwear. You don't get the money back later if you make huge losses, it just disappears I'm afraid, so no matter what you will never get a bank balance higher than the billion mark.

What I would like to know is how anyone ever gets that much money in the bank anyway........

I didn't get a message about the "investment" but just noticed it one day looking at my finances at the end of the month. I noticed £300m in the 'dividends' box and a severe dent in my finances.

However, I suspected that it may be because I was reaching £1bn so reloaded another savegame and spent some money. No dividends money was taken out that month.

And then, towards the end of the season I approached the billion mark and got a message saying £200 million was being "invested" elsewhere and that the board hoped it would result in some benefit "in the future." I'm afraid I can't find the message anymore.

So, does this mean I may be getting a surprise landfall in the future? Or may you just as well spend your money before you get that high and shouldn't the board warn you that they can't handle large figures and you might as well blow it on drugs and yachts!

As to how you make £1bn all I can say is manage Chelsea for about 25 years.

As I said before you don't get the money back if you make huge losses. If I remember correctly the coding to enable the bank balance to enter the billions mark was too diffcult or would take too much time that could be spent on other improvements. Therefore SI just wrote a code that would avoid anyone reaching the billion mark, therefore avderting the problem.

If you're getting near the billion mark either spend a load of money, or don't worry about it. If you are nearing the billion mark then surely losing 300mil won't make much difference to you?

p.s. congratulations on getting that healthy balance. icon14.gif

i think it is unfair not to receive some kind of warning that this might happen. if the game wants to remain realistic then you should be advised that the board is "uncomfortable" with such levels of finance and the money shouldn't just disappear into thin air.

one solution would be to receive a couple of wonderkids through the youth system that year (as if the money had been put into a surge in the training centre).

or perhaps some other bonus? any ideas?

p.s. it does matter if you don't get it back. we're supposed to be simulating an enormous business and they tend to be a little ****ed when you lose £300 million. i put a lot of effort into generating that kind of cash and i may as well not have bothered.

if you have generated that much money then your obviusly winning everything and it is really really easy for you. fiar enoguh your losing a big wedge, but what exactly were you going to spend it on. if a team had that sort of money sitting in the bank not being spent on anything at all they would line thier pockets a bit.

A 'dividend' is a payment made by a company or coperation to it's shareholders. Thats how the shareholders make money and is the reason for their investment.

So unless you have shares in Manchester Utd you're not going to get a dividend anytime soon I'm afraid icon_wink.gif

Dividends are paid annually to shareholders so you should have had two payments in your game, you can see how much on the finance screen under expenses

Archived