Things that disappoint you most in FM

No, this isn't an FM bashing thread, what I mean is what is it that occurs in the game that is most heart breaking/anger inducing for you.

For me it's definitely getting knocked out of the European Cup. It's just the absolute worst feeling knowing you have to wait a whole other year to have a crack at it again!

What about you lot?

I score in extra time (a few secs left) to make it 2-1 to Oxford and then they score after the added 4 mins is up (its about 5 mins when they score(fergie time)) to make it 2-2. I completely lost my rag and closed the game, probs wont play it again.

Believe me it was totally gutting, I got Oxford promoted in my first season, now with better than average squad including a certain player who was second highest scorer with about 40+ goals I think it was a cant win a game in League 2 its solid :(.

(If anyone can provide a quick link without going much of topic to help me with promotion that thatll be fab:))

Play-off defeats are a killer. Late goals against of course are never fun

It was gut renching, never thought id take it so badly lol and im 22 :D.

With Beauvais, I finished 6th in my first season, just missing out on promotion. Was hoping for promotion in the 2nd season but a disastrous start sees us in 8th and a long way away from promotion....It will have to wait another year!

Playing FM is like having a child. First you get angry with it. Then you get disapointed. But after a while you realise that although little FM might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, it's still one of yours and you love it unconditionaly (that is, till the next one comes along :p)

Setting your record transfer fee for a RB, who in his first 10 games plays like absolute garbage and then somehow gets worse by giving up 3 penalties in 5 games, losing you one and making 2 wins into draws. Then his value plummets because you let him rot on the bench and when you finally transfer list him after giving him more matches and he continues to be awful, nobody will buy him. It is sad when the best feeling out of this situation was getting the guy to accept a buy-out because I couldn't stand to see him on my roster and seeing the little "sit" icon telling me he's not happy about being benched. Stop losing me games and playing defense like a turnstile and maybe you'd play. At least I have a kid from my youth team that has stepped up big time and my team is back in gear now.

Signing youngsters for free at age 19, slowly bringing through their development (while refusing co-owning offers), maturing them correctly and getting them to their pinnacle and in to one of the best prospects in the league.

Then they request a transfer to a bigger club.

ARGH! NO, YOU CANNOT GO TO FIORENTINA, YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE SWINE! WITHOUT ME, YOU'D BE WORKING IN ASDA AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME FOR SALVAGING YOUR CAREER?! ARGH!

EDIT : Even typing about it got me annoyed. Weiss, you turncoat Judas scumbag!

To be honest, I can handle the crushing disappointments of last-minute defeats in cup finals or being pipped to the league title. The thing that disappoints me the most is going on a run of poor form. I find myself losing patience with the game as I desperately struggle to sort things out. It's also pretty disappointing when a match comes round that you've been looking forward to because you expect a comfortable win and then you go on to just about scrape the win, or even worse, draw or lose.

Also having the media in the game ask me for an opinion on the opposing GK, who was man of the match. Say no comment and then being asked two more times with the final one being, "I really have to press for a proper answer." Why? Why do you care what I think about him? Really you need to know what an English manager thinks of a Turkish team's GK? That is so important? I like that I can storm out, but I'd like an option "Throw water bottle at press member."

Archived