Who starts a new game after installing a patch?

Do you start a new game after installing a patch  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you start a new game after installing a patch

• Yes
    • No

We'll as usual the wonderful people at SI have released a patch only a few days after the game being released, i was just wondering how many of us start a new game or carry on with the one you started?

Personally i hate the fact that if i get things right i have to start all over again once a new patch has been installed, for this reason i intend to keep playing with the game i am currently in until i get bored of it

also is it really that important to start a new game, i mean if you update it to a new patch then will anything change in your game from the original "disc" patch or will it be the original patch until you start a new game? I understand the data issues will stay the same but what about the match engine? thanks

also is it really that important to start a new game, i mean if you update it to a new patch then will anything change in your game from the original "disc" patch or will it be the original patch until you start a new game? I understand the data issues will stay the same but what about the match engine? thanks

There may be technical faults or bugs that will be fixed in a new patch, which will fix the problems on your existing saved game, but if there are any database updates applied with the patch, you will need to start a new game to see these changes applied

We'll as usual the wonderful people at SI have released a patch only a few days after the game being released

Usually the reason why I never play a game until its been out for a while. Games are usually on a deadline and are released with companies knowing full well they contain bugs / unfinished etc which is why the patches are following straight after release. Only opened this one a day or so after release is cos I lost my 09 saves in PC crash

Not having a pop at SI as dont know them or the company so no death threats you hardcore FM'ers most companies do it and in fact once upon a time I used to be part of the reason for them having to make a deadline so understand the reasoning why they do it.

I personally do because it will fix bugs and also have a transfer update.

Patches dont always have a transfer update. If they don't I normally just continue since there supposed to be save game compatible.

Archived