What am I doing wrong?

Im not one for ranting but im getting really fustrated at the moment. I have been playing football manager since CM2 and loved every single one. I am also enjoying FM10 but there are some things that are really annoying me.

Why when you try to sell any player do you never get any bids.....All I ever get are Loan to buys or face value bids in 48 monthly installments. This means you cannot generate any transfer funds but still lose squad players. On the flip side when bidding for players unless they are transfer listed they want 4x the player value making them unbuyable. Is this something im doing wrong or are others having this problem? Any help would be greatly apprieciated.

Thanks.

If you are listing them I can only assume that if you dont want them doesnt mean anyone else will. If you have the likes of Ronaldo, Drogba, Rooney etc and listed them then the bids will probably fly in. I have sold a couple from my West Ham team but these are players that would be first team regs but just dont fit into my plans but clubs did bid for them but a couple of reserve players up for sale havent attracted a sniff except for one loan offer.

I am getting big bids for one player who is not transfer listed and the last bid for approx 45% over his value.

As for bidding for non transfer listed players the club is going to reject as they dont want to lose them which is why I am rejecting all offers for my player. Best thing would be to try to unsettle the player or look at clubs in financial trouble as the board will probably step in if the offer is good enough.

It's simple:

When you have a player you want to sell, the buying club has the power and will offer you less than his value, knowing you want to sell him.

If you want to buy a player who isn't transfer listed, the club you want to buy him off has the power. They don't want to sell him, so they won't accept a bid unless it gets to a point where they can't refuse. The only exception is a club where they need the money and can't afford to be turning bids down.

Archived