Anyone else had a look at the Lower League Managers forum and come to the conclusion that the guys in there are complete and utter, i can't think of a word, idiots? If this thread gets some negative replies, i apologise, but i can't believe how seriously they take themselves, and how elitist and dismissive they are. Its ridiculous!

The thing about the LLM forum is that it is a specific way of playing. They have the guidelines for the games and resulting threads that can be posted there and all they ask is that you follow the forum rules when posting in there.

They play without editors and with out tipping of any sort be that players or tactics and the only real guideline for the whole point of forum is that the game should be played as close to reality as possible.

The thing with that forum is that if you don't like the way things are done there and you cannot play to the guidelines that are set out and post in the way that has been agreed by the community then there are plenty of other forums on this site for you to post in.

Exactly, everyone should play the game as they want it - and no one should just dismiss another individual's approach. They don't let anyone else argue their opinions, so why do they ridicule anyone who they disagree with? Clowns the lot of them!

I don't know if I would call them idiots, but definitely a little weird. It kind of reminds me of when I was younger, where I come from there would always be groups of weird kids playing Dungeon's & Dragons off on their own. "You can't cast a spell with only 10 magic! Maybe we should kick him out of the Calvary?"

I don't know if I would call them idiots, but definitely a little weird. It kind of reminds me of when I was younger, where I come from there would always be groups of weird kids playing Dungeon's & Dragons off on their own. "You can't cast a spell with only 10 magic! Maybe we should kick him out of the Calvary?"

Haha, very good comparison.

Exactly, everyone should play the game as they want it - and no one should just dismiss another individual's approach. They don't let anyone else argue their opinions, so why do they ridicule anyone who they disagree with? Clowns the lot of them!

They are not dismissing you approach to the game but they point out to anyone that post's in there incorrectly that there are rules for the forums and to post you must follow the rules that are in place.

I have seen many threads in there that are just people looking to have a go at them for not doing things the way that they see it should be done but the guidelines are there for a reason and the main arguement this year is that now the editor has been introduced will they allow the lower leagues to be playable and posted in the forum. The answer as you are probably aware is no as the main rule of the way they play is no Editor's.

Anyone else had a look at the Lower League Managers forum and come to the conclusion that the guys in there are complete and utter, i can't think of a word, idiots? If this thread gets some negative replies, i apologise, but i can't believe how seriously they take themselves, and how elitist and dismissive they are. Its ridiculous!

lol I agree, I had a quick read there earlier today and backed away slowly... scary place!

:D

You need to seriously consider how you live your lives.

Seriously...

Especially the guy that said this: I really don't think they'll see you as that important to be honest. It's quite simple, no editors, no 3rd party updates. It's not the question of whether you would cheat, it's the unrealism it brings. Does any manager in the real world get the chance to just open up Editor and change a few things, even if he thinks it isn't cheating? No. So it's a no here too. Don't like it? Don't stay here

Does any manager in the real world get the chance to open up Editor? No, you're right there. BECAUSE FOOTBALL MANAGER DOESN'T MAKE YOU A MANAGER IN THE REAL WORLD. Get a life for god sake. .

The thing is what do you expect them to say when you post this in there???

Yes ok Paulo i get the point. I just didn't like the way they ridiculed anyone that posts in there that might not have the time to look through all their little rules.

Basically, its not a Lower League Managers thread, its a sign up thread for people who want to play their way. There needs to be a "normal" LLM thread if you ask me.

That forum is a hostile place for normal people indeed. The forum's name does not really hint at that only one special limited approach to the game is to be discussed there.

I have no problem with that personally. Fair enough if you want to play by certain standards along with many others and have an own forum dedicated to that.

Yet, as many people happen to misunderstand the purpose of that forum, without that being their fault too much, I often wonder if for once they could relax and tell people to go to another forum with certain questions in a more civilized way.

After all, it is titled 'Lower League Managers'... how can you blame someone for looking in there expecting to find tips regarding players and tactics for the lower leagues?![/quote

Don't get me wrong i agree that the name is misleading and that there should maybe be another LLM for people such as yourself who are looking for that type of help with there game. But the forum has been around a long time and i think they are just asking people to read the sticky at the top that says "please read before posting"

They can be a little short with people in there that are in the wrong place and they normally just close the thread and tell them that this is the wrong place. However they are not so nice to people that attack the way they play and the way the forum has always worked as i said i have seen a lot of post's in there that just try to start arguments with them and are blatantly looking for them to react and i guess they have just had enough.

You know how often I've read this thread, in this forum, with the same complaints, and the same replies...only this time it's mcreeegan that's started it?

How long have I modded LLM...about 8 years? ...times a couple of hundred...hey, that's a lot!

Let me (once more) tell you how it it.

LLM users never go elsewhere. LLM users never slag off people for playing the game their own way...it is, after all, yours...you or mummy bought it...it's up to you to play it how you like. LLM users stay in LLM, and in a certain other forum, and don't bother anyone.

Here's where the problem lies.

People decide to come in to LLM and complain about no player naming, no tactics discussion, no editors, or just to "poke the sleeping bear".

When this happens then look out.

You see, LLM has an average age way above the rest of the board. Generally the users are married men, with kids, with real professions in a real life and play LLM because it mirrors their attitude to real life.

The person who comes in and tries to teach their granny how to suck eggs is a spotty teen (looking at mcreegan's profile I see he matches it perfectly), if they expect an easy slagging of a forum of hoary old LLaMas then they're in for something else, and they get it, and they run bleating with their tail between their legs and start a thread in another forum "Oh, those LLaMas are so nasty...", and so it goes on.

Look at it this way.

I wouldn't go into a synagogue and say Judaism is stupid and Christianity is the way forward...why on earth would anyone who has no idea what LLM is about come in and start spouting rubbish without looking at the rules and guidelines and a few other threads first?

...and they say LLM regulars are stupid?

Archived