Scouting France

I am managing Crawley Town in the Blue Square Premier and i have just been told where i can scout. I am allowed to scout anywhere in the UK and Ireland and then it adds "the board will also allow to scouting trips to France".

Is this a bug? I understand being able to scout players to england and maybe Scotland /Wales but not sure most clubs that low would fund for a trip to France or Ireland without having specific targets in mind?

Has anyone else found this at a blue square club?

I like to play the game using only scouts to find players and this seems to make it a little less realistic.

I have this as well with Eastleigh, if you do scout France you get some stupidly good players that are League one level but will be more than happy to join you for low wages making it very easy I tend to steer clear of them.

i wouldn't say it is a bug. Is it any cheaper for a scout to travel around and to the farthest corners of the UK than it is to hop on a ferry over to frogland - I'm only surprised they haven't added holland and belgium as well.

Considering I'm in Nottingham and its cheaper for me to get to France than Scotland, I wouldn't say it was that unrealistic. Accomodation and everything else isn't that different either, so I'd imagine the cost would be around the same.

Perhaps for FM11, SI should consider cheap travel from sites such as Ryanair and allow lower league clubs to scout even further out... ;)

I also noticed good French players appearing in the English Trials games and i don't think any of them have previously played in England. Just think that it is a little unrealistic that they would move over to England to be unemployed and hope for a chance in the trials game.

Archived