How likely is a takeover???

Using the Editor is there any way to see, and change, how likely a club is to be taken over?

I'm asking because as A Rangers fan it's been discussed on various threads how unrealistic FM2010 is compared to our current financial situation irl.

In FM2010, usually before the January transfer window in the first season, the current board is giving £5M+ to spend on players and I haven't yet heard of anyone managing Rangers who has been the subject of a takeover, when irl the club is up for sale and should hopefully change hands in next few months.

Select the club chairman, which by the way is NOT David Murray, and find his loyalty stat and lower it. Start a new game and I think there is a pretty good chance of a takeover. Unfortunately I don't think that there is anyway to guarantee that a billionaire tycoon will take over the club so don't be too surprised if its just another board member who replaces the current chairman.

OP, before doing this, be warned! I had a great Newcastle save going on 09, wheeling and dealing, working within budgets but slowly getting better etc etc. Then i had a tycoon takeover, pump millions into the club, give me 100 + million for transfers, the whole sha-bang. I found it ruined the game :(. Sure, it was great for the 1st window after getting all that money, being able to buy who you want. But after that, i realised all my hard work (which was starting to work anyway) had gone straight down the swanny. All my highly rated youngsters i had picked up from the previous years who were about ready to break through the 1st team, were all sat in the reserves.

I know i didn't have to splash the cash, but after working within a tight budget for so long it was nice to be able to.

Be warned OP, be warned :thup:

Select the club chairman, which by the way is NOT David Murray, and find his loyalty stat and lower it. Start a new game and I think there is a pretty good chance of a takeover. Unfortunately I don't think that there is anyway to guarantee that a billionaire tycoon will take over the club so don't be too surprised if its just another board member who replaces the current chairman.

Will that wipe out the debt then?

My point wasn't that I am wanting a takeover as such, someone from the current board taking over as chairman just isn't realistic imo.

It's more that the club is 'up for sale' irl, and how can this be reflected in game.

My point wasn't that I am wanting a takeover as such, someone from the current board taking over as chairman just isn't realistic imo.

It's more that the club is 'up for sale' irl, and how can this be reflected in game.

Do as trekman says. You'll find that rather than the chairman "loves the club" you'll find it will say "will listen to offers".

Thanx very much guys for the help.

Is this something that I should raise as a bug or data issue then????

If anything, its more a data issue. I'd imagine its already been raised but it wont hurt to have a look to see if it has. I say data, because the chairman wanting to step down IRL may have happened after the game went to data lock. Thats why Newcastle are still up for sale in the game, but not IRL (unfortunately :()

Also I don't know aboyt FM2010 but on 09 if you go to editor and then go to the chairman and lower his level of favouritisim with the clubs fans and his loyalty rating this changed to will listen to offers. I found if lowered fellow board members resources or increased fellow board members resources this could either stop board member taking over or if they did they would have vast resources.

You can go to the finances and remove the debt yourself without having to wait for a takeover in the hope that the debt is removed. Obviously if you did this you'd have to start a new game for this to work unless your prepaired to download something like FMRTE which would work on your current save so you wouldnt need to start again but I am not sure if there is one that is compatible with the new game yet.

Archived