Noticed a trend in form

Playing as Havant and Waterloovile, I've managed to get into League 2 in four seasons. With one league win a two promotions via playoffs.

In these four campaigns I've noticed a trend in my teams form, pretty much emulating from one season to the next.

Pre season is normally good, holding out against and upsetting some League 1, Champoinship, and Premier Division Reserve teams.

The first ten games are normally pretty patchy, especially after promotion as I bring in a plethora of new players to the squad and they need time to settle in. Fair enough.

After these games, leading upto Xmas, my team would normally go on a six game winning streak, ten games unbeaten, something along those line.

Patchy again around Xmas leading into late January and then a strong finish to the season culminating in winning/unbeaten streaks again.

This trend has been consistent in the five and a half seasons. (Currently sitting 3rd in League 2 after twenty-five games)

I only ever use one formation, an attacking 4-1-3-2, and rarely ever stray away from this only to compensate for sendings off and in game injuries. I aslo rarely make changes to tactics, and if I do they are only ever very minor changes. eg; telling my AMR to cut in instead of hugging the touchline.

Has anyone else noticed a trend in long term form?

Also if anyone has any advice in combating my mid-season dip it would be most welcome :)

Cheers,

Brad

Archived