Game runs slower since patch

After installing the new patch the game seems to pause a few seconds between clicking 'continue' and then processing. I used to be able to whizz through the game and just keep clicking 'continue' but it's a bit frustrating now when you click it nothing happens for a few seconds. Anyone else having the same problem?

Did you create the game before you installed the patch paul? What are your computer specs? What database size did you select? How many leagues and divisions do you have running? And finally, what star ratings has the game given you?

Cheers.

It did it with my old saved game and also with the new one I started since installing the patch.

I've got a dual processor (2.00ghz). 4gb ram.

The estimated game speed says 4 and a half stars.

To be honest it's only a minor problem but I'm sure the slight wait wasn't there before the patch. It feels like you haven't clicked 'continue' but you have, if you know what I mean.

If others agree with me then it probably is a patch related problem, if not, then it must be me and it was always like that, just sure it was quicker before.

Im having this problem as well. Occasionally it stops for a very long time and the game crashes while its saving or going to a match. Not quite sure why. I have a decent PC :

AMD Athlon 64 x2 2.8ghz

2GB RAM

nVidia GeForce 9600GT

Windows Vista 32bit

The game was started after the patch although im running a few leagues (6 nations) and have a large database. My PC performance rating is 4.5 Stars and the estimated game speed is 2.5 Stars. However i ran exactly the same setup before the patch and had no issues at all with any delays but after the patch i started a new game and now have a few delays of 3-4 seconds after clicking continue and when the game saves (i have set to every week due to crashes) occasionally it takes forever to save and even sometimes will crash during the save or when it's loading up the tv match mode.

I realise that there is probably nothing specific you can do for me but maybe with this info you can look into fixing the problem with a future patch. I have no problems plodding through with the game as it's absolutely brilliant and a crash every few hours and a few delays is no real hardship!

Archived