How Much Difference Does the Database size really make...

Hi all.

Have finally purchased footy manager 2010..the first thing I notice is that it requires a little more in terms of performance than the previous version. Now by no means is my computer slow but equally it is no super computer. Having looked at the performance star rating when selecting leagues etc I have noticed that the database size can take half a star off each time it goes up...what I wanted to know is how much difference does the database size make during the game?...ie. when do you began to notice, is the difference between medium and large big enough to compensate game speed over etc etc.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated

I am actually finding performance on this version much quicker. I personally always run a medium database as I think Large just includes players that I won't ever need or hear of. Obviously data is going to be more accurate the bigger the database.

I am actually finding performance on this version much quicker. I personally always run a medium database as I think Large just includes players that I won't ever need or hear of. Obviously data is going to be more accurate the bigger the database.

I agree with you on this. When I loaded up my first game and chose my leagues with a medium database I was worried when I saw 1 star for both performance and computer speed however I find if I am not tweaking training or looking for players etc it zips along between matches..........I play on a laptop so I would like to see the game on a high end computer with 4 or 5 stars.

Cheers Everyone..

sven have you done a season and how long did it take you if you have. Im now more optimistic if your playing with 1 star as I currently have medium database and all english leagues plus top spanish,italian,scottish and german leagues selected and i have 2 and half stars (not trying to rub anything in here lol)

Archived