Chossing head Assistant Manager?

Hello everybody!

I believe my Ass Man is lacking, so proposed the Ass Man job to one of my youth coaches (he's so-so as a coach but has large club knowledge, tactical, motivating, what *I* need on an AssMan!).

I can't dismiss the original one since his contract is quite large and we are lacking money, the board does not allow me to release him! Ok, he can stay... but I can't find the option (I know FM08 and/or FM09 had it) to choose which one of my AssMans is the principal, he who is linked with team reports, team talks, opp inst, etc).

Oh! And he want accept a job as a coach 'cause that would mean a large wage cut (I wouldn't either LOL!)

Any help? I thought it should be in Club Preferences but I can't find the option :(

No, when you have more than one assistant, only one is the one who helps with assistance advice, team reports, etc (from the usual buttons, you can still access his reports from his own profile).

Only one assistance is linked to the "Ask Assistant" buttons in the team talks, and in opp inst.

I want to change WHO that assistant is. Reason is the assistant giving me advice now is cr@p, but the other ass man is decent... I want to set the priorities of my assistants.

I believe this was possible in previous editions :(

the last man you offer for the AssMan seat, that man will take the duties you mentioned above. fm series don't have that option. only option for reserve, u19 squad.

I was certain I had used a feature like that before, but have uninstalled 09 so can't check it now.

Saviola, you're wrong. My first Ass Man is keeping his duties, not the second one (my later choice). Seems kinda silly not been able to chose your primary assistant, specially since the game allows more than one!

Thanks anyway!

I didn't think the game did allow for more than one? I could be wrong of course but I thought you had one Assistant and then any number of coaches of certain varieties beneath him?

Porto (Portuguese first league) starts with 4 ass man... and (OT) with no way of fulfilling their HG club requirements for champions league inscription ;)

@joshpmilton: You can have -usually- more than one Assistant. If the board is limiting the number of coaches but not the number of assistants, it's also a way to have more training staff. They ask for more money usually thou.

@Squobbles: I explained in my first post, the club is tight on money and releasing the assistant involves paying money, quite a lot because of his high wage. So the board is blocking my mutual termination. Besides, he's a nice defensive coach, just terrible at motivation, tactical knowledge, man management and judging ability and potential LOL

@FrazT: bummer then, I can't believe it would such a dificult thing to code... perhaps the option was in a fm09 skin?

@trekman: will do a search for that program... but I tend to steer away from third party "cheats". Is it compatible with fm10?

Thanks for the replies.

I always look for a assistant manager straight off at the start of the game who has good Motivation, Man Management, Tactical Knowledge, Judging player ability. I find in FM10 that club Knowledge will come.

I also look for someone youngish and out of work because then you will bond with your number two and when you move on he will come with you and then you have a assistant you are already happy with and with the attributes you need.

Archived