"Baffling choice"

Hello all.

I'm playing as Notts County (yes, couldn't resist the money). I'm currently 16 points clear at the top, with only 6 games to go. So when I was asked before the 41st game (a game that could win me the League 2 title) "Who do you think will win the League 2 title now?", I said Notts County, obviously.

So imagine my surprise when the news report reads "Baffling Notts Co choice for Coca-Cola League Title". The report goes on to say that "the Notts County squad will not react well" to my handling of the question. I'm hardly sticking my neck out! Besides, I said the same on the first day of the season. I checked the squad, and sure enough, two of them are worried by what I've said. Obviously it's time to get those two out the door, if the pressure is getting to them now!

Apart from that, love the game! I have three days off, with nothing to do but play, barely feed myself, and grow a patchy beard.

I had the same thing with Arsenal on 09 in my first season when I'd already confirmed my status as champions!

I had hoped this had been resolved - it would appear not.

Also, when you have already signed a loaned player, the press will still ask you if you would try to bring him in....

i had the same happen at ipswich i was at the top of the championship and clear by 12 points with only 4 games to go.

the next team below me where 12 points behind but had better goal difference so if they one all four of there last games and i lost all of mine then they could have one the championship but very unliky

so when asked who would win championship this season i said my team and after the media report it also said ipswich squad will not react well!!!! def needs tweaking

I had the same thing, also with Notts County. I said before the first game we'd win it, and then twice more before Christmas, and got a positive reaction every time. Towards the end of the season, I'm top by quite a distance and get asked this question, then I get a negative reaction from the players. It makes no sense.

Yeah there are quite a few that crop up that make no sense.

1 I have seen a few time's is were the supporter's say after a bad result that a player should have been playing instead of another 1,even though the player they wanted to play was either injured or suspended.

It also happens after a good result sometime's when they say it is no wonder that a player is keeping the other player out of the 1st team(this player is maybe only out because he is injured or suspended).

I have a feeling...or i may be a little optimistic..that it may be something to do with you appearing arrogant in your assumptions. Yes you may be 16 points clear but as you said there are still 18 points to play for, and although a miracle may be needed to dislodge you we all know in the world of fm they can happen. Players may just feel that your rubbing it in the other teams faces...

I have a feeling...or i may be a little optimistic..that it may be something to do with you appearing arrogant in your assumptions. Yes you may be 16 points clear but as you said there are still 18 points to play for, and although a miracle may be needed to dislodge you we all know in the world of fm they can happen. Players may just feel that your rubbing it in the other teams faces...

Would hardly think so,so the only right answer would be to say your team will throw away such a big lead with so few game's left?

It has to be a coding error,there are a few but ofc none game breaking,just some work for the devs before the December patch ;)

Er, surely the issue here is not the players reactions, but the fact you are asked the question in the first place? There's no need to fix the redactions to a scenario that should never happen in the first place.

You should be getting a question more along the lines of "You have an almost unassailable lead in the title race. Is it safe to assume you have it all wrapped up?"

Archived