Man City

What do you think, how is the ai playing with man city? Too good? Too bad? Or just as it should be?

Would like some opinions, then i will state mine, so that my opinion doesnt have an influence.

Thanks in advance

Well, I've only played one League game with them atm, home to Blackburn, and drew 0-0. I think the fact that around 7 players were making their debuts for City doesn't help, they need time to gel, so no real opinion as of yet.

well, in my game they won 2 times in a row the title, me coming 2nd both times. and now in the third season they dont seem to have any problems. In both first seasons tevez was top goalscorer in europe and EPL, and now he has already 15 goals in 9 app in all competitions. so, i am kind of annoyed and think man city are overpowered.

They're not over-powered in my opinion, it's just a fact in FM10 that if a team has this much money they will eventually be mega-successful if they have a good manager.

About Tevez, it seems to be a "thing" in FM10 in general that good strikers becomes insanely prolific. I've seen a save someone posted were Berbatov had over 35 goals, and another one where MacDonalds in the SPL had over 35 as well...

Signings are so important in FM, money certainly talks. With the money Man City has it's only natural they will become a massive team.

But as you can see due to randomness, sometimes they wont be and some times they will...

They're not over-powered in my opinion, it's just a fact in FM10 that if a team has this much money they will eventually be mega-successful if they have a good manager.

About Tevez, it seems to be a "thing" in FM10 in general that good strikers becomes insanely prolific. I've seen a save someone posted were Berbatov had over 35 goals, and another one where MacDonalds in the SPL had over 35 as well...

Signings are so important in FM, money certainly talks. With the money Man City has it's only natural they will become a massive team.

But as you can see due to randomness, sometimes they wont be and some times they will...

ofc money is an important factor, but they didnt buy anyone in the first season and theyve won the league. would u think man city win the league this year with their current players? i personally dont think so.

Nah, we wont win the league this year... I think perhaps just your save turned out that way, it doesn't happen to a lot of people I feel. Just a freak collection of randomness I guess. Generally my impression is they finish between 3rd and 6th first season, which I think is very realistic.

man city are beating me 4-1 after 35mins yet i can comfortably beat the orignal top 4, way too overpowered as they are fighting with cehlsea for top spot, yet arsenal are down in 8th, below sunderandland and everton...wtf?!?!? this is a **** season

Man City in mine are 6th and we beat them at their ground. Think though that I am having similar season to shaunjc. We have beaten Liverpool & Man Utd but been whipped by Chelsea (who are top), Sunderland & Wolves and Arsenal are not doing well. Looks to be an interesting season.

They've got it about right in my opinion. Second season (I was offered the job when they sacked Hughes) and at Christmas I'm ninth in Premiership. They are not dominating and signing top players is still a problem (until they win something, which hopefully will be soon).

Oh and Teves hates me for some reason...which is probably why he isn't scoring many :)

I've done several saves testing a new english set-up with a 16 team premier with only 5 fgn and 2 non-EU and in each one City have won the title first year. In one City won three years on the trot ! My current one, I cut the fgn players to 3 only and City spent £142M on good english players and won the league with only 4 losses (in 30 game season)

They ended up 7th in the first season of my save. Man U on the other hand were just unstoppable with 97 pts.In other words it varies and nah they are not overpowered. If all teams ended up exactly were they "should" on every save in the first season the game would get really boring really quick IMO.

Finished my first season, City kept Arsenal out of the top 4 and ended up 4th some 5-6 points behind the top team. I think between them and the real top should be a bit bigger, but 4th place is okay I guess. Tevez finished English top scorer with 26 goals, which like everyone else I agree shouldn't happen. He doesn't have that many goals in him.

It's all random. Although Tevez scoring loads of goals isn't random. Like stated previously, all good strikers end up getting a lot of goals, example being with ac milan i have pato and huntelaar both getting near goal a game. As for league position, it will vary for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

On mine they finished 7th first season & Finished 3rd the second season on 68 points but were 12 points behind 2nd and 15 points behind 1st.

Currently in the 3rd season they sit in 7th place. I feel its realistic on mine, Just like real life they are spending loads of money, But are finding that the Premier League is an hard league to win.

Guess the only suprising thing on mine, Is Man Utd's final position the second season.

12983672.jpg

97309116.jpg

I have been tempted to edit Tevez, but I hate Tevez and wouldn't be fair with him either. So he's either too good or awful if I touch his abilities. Plus I hate using the editor because then I'll be tempted to remove United debt, load more debt on Pool, turn off sugar daddy on City, etc. Overall, City are ok -- 3rd in my first season, but just a few points separated 3-6 so not bad. So I am generally happy with it. If they get better with more buys that makes total sense.

1st season played already become a champions..(luckily man utd draw last game)

First season I've bought phillipe mexes,joaquin,riquelme,van der vaat,david silva,vicente,sergio aguero, aruna kone (waste of money),

2nd season expectation become a winner..i've managed to won it again..

bought very expensive player such like de rossi for 126M n david villa 103M plus bentley n baines + showcross + vanden borre + de la red (free transfer) + jaou moutinho

3rd season - I just played half season, 5th placed n 10 points behind the leader..does they know our tactics or should i change to another tactics because too many lost although to lowest bristol city..

For man city - wonderkid Mcgiven (DLC) can be considered one of the best defender..

Archived