Unbelievable bug!!!The biggest ever!!

i am playing with Rapid Bucharest(Romania).The board is expecting me to challenge for the title.With 2 games until the end i am on the first place with 3 points more then the second place.But something incredible happened.From the start of the game the club chairman wanted to sell the club.I didn't think it will be something spectacular.And with 2 games to go,and with real chances to win the title the chairman sols the club and the new president SACK ME because he wants his own staff!!!????What is that|????

i am playing with Rapid Bucharest(Romania).The board is expecting me to challenge for the title.With 2 games until the end i am on the first place with 3 points more then the second place.But something incredible happened.From the start of the game the club chairman wanted to sell the club.I didn't think it will be something spectacular.And with 2 games to go,and with real chances to win the title the chairman sols the club and the new president SACK ME because he wants his own staff!!!????What is that|????

I wouldn't ay it was a bug in the strictest sense of the word but it is poor programming in my opinion.

I don't know how difficult it is to do but it does appear that events like these appear to be automatic based on the coding and attributes of the new chairman so that they happen with little if any reference to what is happening in the game world.

Post this is the bugs forum as the probability of this scenario happening is pretty small. If you have a save game very near to the date of this happening don't save over it as they will ask for it in the bugs forum.

And yes that does suck. You have my sympathies.

Its sort of a bug, unfortunately intentional. Its the game designs equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot.

I wonder who was the idiot that proposed the idea that arbitrary game ending events are good addition to the game.

Not the biggest ever, but its one hell of a shock...

Maybe the last chairman waited until the shares hit their peak then sold at the most opportune time, although selling before you have won anything is odd.

Were you in debt or the club needing heavy investment at all? Were the played unhappy with you? Also check to see if the new owners playing style is different to yours: play defensively for 1-0 all the time and they would be bored when they want attacking footy.

Other than that, I hope you can go to another club and are more appreciated and luckier this time around. Just think of what happened when Newcastle were taken over and they let Allardyce do several more games, then sacked him for their own choice manager. Maybe you could be cruel and use FM Modifier (just in this case) to make the current manager stats at your club really low so you can get him sacked, then rejoin them. If you can, also add yourself to their favourite person so they will employ you - you have to edit yourself over one the people in the list, you can't add yourself as a new entry.

I think the real issue is that someone who isn't familiar with all the games nuances might not appreciate how shaky a position he's ijn when he takes a job with a club whose chairman says he wants to sell it. When clubs are sold, it's not at all unusual for the manager to get the sack - although it's not universal, either.

I guess the timing is weird, too, now that I think of it. I mean, if a club was sold IRL just as its on the brink of winning the title, no one would fire the manager then. They'd wait until the title was won (or not) and THEN fire him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jakobx:

Its sort of a bug, unfortunately intentional. Its the game designs equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot.

I wonder who was the idiot that proposed the idea that arbitrary game ending events are good addition to the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully they'll remove all sackings for 09 icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">am playing with Rapid Bucharest(Romania).The board is expecting me to challenge for the title.With 2 games until the end i am on the first place with 3 points more then the second place.But something incredible happened.From the start of the game the club chairman wanted to sell the club.I didn't think it will be something spectacular.And with 2 games to go,and with real chances to win the title the chairman sols the club and the new president SACK ME because he wants his own staff!!!????What is that|???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think thats hillarious!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by horik:

but is very frustating.Rapid is my favourite team and i wanted to play with them for a few seasonsicon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bad luck indeed. To avoid a repeat, go to the editor and change the chairmans attributes so that he won't sell up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byrner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">am playing with Rapid Bucharest(Romania).The board is expecting me to challenge for the title.With 2 games until the end i am on the first place with 3 points more then the second place.But something incredible happened.From the start of the game the club chairman wanted to sell the club.I didn't think it will be something spectacular.And with 2 games to go,and with real chances to win the title the chairman sols the club and the new president SACK ME because he wants his own staff!!!????What is that|???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think thats hillarious! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with him, very funny. Almost as funny as me editing Rugby into the BSN, and then bein unable to sign players, but struggling against relegation, 1 point up going into the final game the two below me facing each other to have them draw and me lose then go down and fired. Reload the game, play again this time I get a draw, but I look and this time the team 1 point back wins to also knock me out. I was ****ing myself, so thought one more time. Reloaded, drew again, this time the other team won, they were two points back and better goal difference, I go down again. With my final game against the winners of BSN I expected to lose, but was still funny to see my players at their best get relegated repeatedly...pretty funny really. (Its a bug I tell you)

It is not a bug or poor programing IMO. **** happens IRL. In Turkey Galatasaray sack Hollman and Lucescu after the season they won the championship. These kind of random things make the game more realistic and fun IMO. However I don't want it to happen to me icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

Hopefully they'll remove all sackings for 09 icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even better, I hope they sack each and every one of us, no matter how well we're doing. That way we can try to find a new club to hire us and keep the game more challenging. I wish they could add a boxing glove that comes out of the monitor and punches you on the nose every now and then icon14.gif.

To be honest it is a bug as in real life no new chairman would upset fans of the club he has bought by sacking the man who is 2 games away from winning the title.

He may sack him after the season is over as he does want his own staff but certainly this would never happen in real life.

SI will needto code it so if the timing of events like this happens in FM09 then the sacking would come in the summer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Eagle:

It is not a bug or poor programing IMO. **** happens IRL. In Turkey Galatasaray sack Hollman and Lucescu after the season they won the championship. These kind of random things make the game more realistic and fun IMO. However I don't want it to happen to me icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AFTER the season yes, just like Real Madrid sacked their manager after winning the title but it wasn't mid season and especially not a tense finish with 2 games to go and 3 points ahead!

homerjnick you might be right. Only the mad man will sack a coach in the last 2 games with 3 point lead.

However other than that detail it could happen. A club can be sold; or the new chairman could take the control and bring his own staff. Still I don't want it to happen to me, but we can't get everything we want in life.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DMaster2:

In real world no intelligent chairman sack the manager with 2 games to go and with the possibilities of winning the title </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Intelligent chairmen in the real world? icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">its a big BUG.No one sack noone when the team is title challenging but winning the title.Thtas the unreality of the GAME. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It is really a silly feature. You should only get sacked for poor performance... who cares if it happens in the real world...it is just not fun so it should not be in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got to disagree fellas.

Not a Bug but something thats a pain in the ass. Also somthing that happens in real life so should defiantly be in the game (in fact im quite confident that I could find a real life mirror of those happenings right down to being 2 games left and three points clear at the top.)

As for it not being in the game...well thats from a one sided view point. The other way to look at it would be you are manager of ,say, Sparta Rotterdam having previously failed as the manager of the dutch national team. At Sparta Rotterdam you are in charge of a team with little money but also have never been relegated. You manage to get them relegated to the first division for the first time in theit history...You get sacked.

Now along comes one of the biggest clubs in the history of football.lets use barcelona as a example. They get a new president who wants to bring his own man into the club and is seduced by your ex international footballer experience and gives you the chance of a life time. after a tricky start you build a team very much in your own image (one of the reasons Mr laporta choose you). You become mega succesfull, you can have the pick of any job when you choose to leave and have built a reputationj as a great coach by building a team around a great player

Archived