Starting my first game of the full version tonight

Having had to wait for the game, I will play it for the first time (Demo aside) tonight.

I want my first game to be the perfect game, I don't want to restart after a few days. So, I ask the community: what should I do when setting up to ensure I get the complete experience?

Obviously, after install, I will download and install the patch.

In FM09, I would load up English leagues down to BSN/S, Serie A and La Liga. With large database.

Would this set up give me a good experience in the CCC?

Also, are there any hidden tricks I need to do to get more out of the game? Like, in FM08, I remember I had to do something to a file to allow me to see the Germany squad. Is there something similar now?

Thanks everyone!

Thanks, any tips?

To get everything out the game mate I would say have as many leagues available as possible to ensure longevity and plenty of transfer movement etc. I've found there is so much more depth having loads of leagues running - that's all. I tend to play full carreers upto a point whereby you wouldn't recognise any players or if you do they're Rooney @ 50 managing someone or something.

I set up

England- to league 2

Germany- 1 & 2

Italy- 1 & 2

Spain- 1 & 2

France- 1 & 2

Scotland-1 & 2

ALL other countries just their top league.

the wealth of players and the fact that all over the world the players are actually playing out their leagues etc means form and improvements etc all happen more - so it's not just the top players that are moving etc. Re-gens etc also loads more so keeps the game going.

As far as other tips go, i dunno, have fun and enjoy whatever club you pick - me, I'm Pompey and it's a struggle, but I like a challenge - having to find bargains and frees cos of the massive debts etc - have come up with one or two gems n'all for next to nothing which is always nice.

Good luck mate

I tend to only pick 3 or 4 leagues (top divisions) that I'd like to play in over the course of a long-term game, but I'm interested in adding enough players to keep scouting and player acquisition interesting over a long game. With FM10, the "custom database" option is wonderful... just wondering if people add a lot of players and how that affects speed.

I never thought about running other leagues affecting the longivity of the game. Great tip, thanks.

I have a dual core 2ghz processor and 2gb RAM. What is reasonable to run in terms of leagues?

Hi mate it really does, so glad to help :)- I would suggest having at least one league on each continent running. Perhaps two in South America - just top Division in Argentina and Brazil (loads of new youngsters become available + just having leagues running on that continent will mean more players from the continent coming through).

There's no need to go more than top division in leagues you're not really gonna play, or at least not play a top div team, i mean who knows any div 2 Brazilian teams or whatever? (unless you're from brazil mate lol).

Like I said I like doing a career and I bought new comp not long ago so can max out with large db and all leagues pretty much. I have played games (not on FM10 yet like) going on 30 odd seasons on all continents - make my name at pompey, go to some random Finish club, then America etc etc - i prefer full career games. Anyway back to your question,.

Your specs are similar to my old.

I would suggest - UK to league 1

1 & 2 for Spain, Germany, Italy

1 for France, Holland, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina, Korea, Mexico, South Africa

Depending on how patient you are whether you'd go medium or large db mate.

Again that might be too slow, or you may find you ahve a little more patients than me, I aint sure, it's down to prefernce, but that would be my minimum mate

I never thought about running other leagues affecting the longivity of the game. Great tip, thanks.

I have a dual core 2ghz processor and 2gb RAM. What is reasonable to run in terms of leagues?

I also have a dual core 2ghz processor but I have 3GB RAM. And I am running the English Premier to League 2, and the top divisions from Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Russia, Portugal, Holland and Scotland with a large database.

It runs fine for me, but if your game is going to be a long one, then as the seasons progress the game will get slower.

Is it worth me getting 2GB Ram more?

that i can't answer mate - sorry, cos I have made a massive jump in PC now so I don't know if a little tweaking will make all taht much difference tbh mate - perhaps someone else might be able to help with that decision.

See am on a Quad Core 3.4Ghz and 8GB RAM.

I suppose a little extra of anything will help but don't break the bank mate - if you're gonna spend a wad just get new system, otherwise I'd say you're fine for the purposes of footy manager. I got this PC for high end graphics games not FM, this being able to have loads of leagues on footy manger was just a bonus.

What you got there is what i had, and I there was plenty longevity - trust me (with above mentioned leagues - or one or two less etc - just a good variety)

I tend to only pick 3 or 4 leagues (top divisions) that I'd like to play in over the course of a long-term game, but I'm interested in adding enough players to keep scouting and player acquisition interesting over a long game. With FM10, the "custom database" option is wonderful... just wondering if people add a lot of players and how that affects speed.

didn't do custom database mate - just have large database but have at least one league in every country playable anyway so my db is large enough really. Soz can't help. Would imagine having the database and leagues not playable wouldn't effect speed too much for a couple at least cos it aint having to process matches. At the end of the day my game is processing something like 400 matches a week or more which is what slows it down

Archived