Getting 'Commercial Links'

Hi guys,

I've been playing as Hull for about 6 years now, and for the past 3/4 years, when I ask the board to look for a feeder club, they ask me what type I'd like.

I wanted a commercial link, so I've been choosing that for the past 3 years. But everytime, my chairman can't find any suitable links! I've asked them to look about 3/4 times a season for the past 3/4 years, but they haven't been able to find one yet.

At first, I thought it might be because my team's reputation wasn't high enough (it was National), so I won a few trophies and now it's Continental. So I asked for a Commercial Link again, but they STILL can't find a suitable club.

So my question is, how on earth do I get my board to find suitable clubs for a Commercial Link!? My own reputation is continental, so is the club's...what else can I do!?

Hi guys,

I've been playing as Hull for about 6 years now, and for the past 3/4 years, when I ask the board to look for a feeder club, they ask me what type I'd like.

I wanted a commercial link, so I've been choosing that for the past 3 years. But everytime, my chairman can't find any suitable links! I've asked them to look about 3/4 times a season for the past 3/4 years, but they haven't been able to find one yet.

At first, I thought it might be because my team's reputation wasn't high enough (it was National), so I won a few trophies and now it's Continental. So I asked for a Commercial Link again, but they STILL can't find a suitable club.

So my question is, how on earth do I get my board to find suitable clubs for a Commercial Link!? My own reputation is continental, so is the club's...what else can I do!?

Yeh, i'm using 8.02.

Once I asked for a national link, and that worked, so I guess it's making use of it.

It's just never finding any commercial links...I thought it was because you have to meet a certain requirement before you could find any (eg reputation), but that was just a guess.

Do I maybe have to have a certain number of feeder clubs before I can get commercial links? I've currently got three (two National Links, and one Work Permit).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dark_perfect:

Yeh, i'm using 8.02.

Once I asked for a national link, and that worked, so I guess it's making use of it.

It's just never finding any commercial links...I thought it was because you have to meet a certain requirement before you could find any (eg reputation), but that was just a guess.

Do I maybe have to have a certain number of feeder clubs before I can get commercial links? I've currently got three (two National Links, and one Work Permit). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah you could use a few more feeder clubs first. I find it's easier to let the board pick the type of feeder. Might not come abck with what you were hoping for, but you'll have to stick with it. Can take 2 or 3 years really. Nice if you're planning a long-term stay at the club, not so nice if not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dark_perfect:

Hi guys,

So my question is, how on earth do I get my board to find suitable clubs for a Commercial Link!? My own reputation is continental, so is the club's...what else can I do!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard that this had been fixed for 8.02, but I'm using 8.02 and I get the exact same thing happening to me.

I think the best thing is to just leave it as "any type" and then see what you get back.

I also think that reputation might have an affect on things.

When i request that the board look for a feeder club, i get a message saying :

"As you have been Hull City boss for some time now, the board would like to give you the opportunity to state a preference for the type of feeder club they should search for."

Then you get to choose what type of feeder club they search for.

In other words, stay at the club longer, and they'll eventually give you the option.

• 2 weeks later...

Whereis the option to choose the type of link you want?

"asking for particular feeder clubs"

It's mess, i can't find it.

Another way, you should be able to try link with others manager that likes you. I manage in Spain and have a lot of good friends in Argentina.

I have 2 commercial links and Genk for my non-EU kids. However, I desperately want a Spanish feeder since I'm getting in so many young S. Americans, but however often I ask the board they give me any number of suggestions except for Spain icon_frown.gif

I'll keep nagging them on.

I've got 3 financial feeders, but the most I pay any of them is 56k a year which seems quite odd. I'm with Newcastle and won an FA cup and been pushing on in the league, I'm somewhat sceptical how much benefit these are unless in this patch their fees have been scaled down because these are the first I've had since this patch on FM.

I'm still pushing on for more commercial links though, I want my club to be generating a lot of cash to fund my transfers.

What so in the latest patch im sure to find a team will be found if i request a certain type of feeder club im spurs with worldwipe rep in 2010/11

so is there a chance of them not findin me a specific feeder club or not because if they wont always find one ill just stick with the anytype option

I would just stick to "Any Type" since you can turn their choices down and re-request after a few weeks, instead of losing the 4 months turn.

To increase a chance of getting a feeder in particular country, you should look to arrange a tour on that country and also sending scout to that region.

I just arranged pre-season tour to South Africa and Australia and clubs from those 2 countries are now on my feeder club choices.

Archived