Cant install - does not read disc or autorun

Hey

I bought Football manager 2010 last week.

I cant install it on my laptop - acer extensa 5220.

when i put it into the dvd drive, it shows that there is no disc in the drive, and it does not autorun.

I installed it without any problems on my girlfriends pc, which is close to identical.

Does anybody know what the problem is?

thanks....

Thats a shame, Its not what i thought it was. My friend had a problem where his drive was not recognised and we deleted a registry file to fix it.

Can you find your way into device manager. (Usually navigated through control panel in the start menu) And see if any yellow warning signs are next to your cd/dvd rom.

I talked to the shop were i bought the game. He was pretty sure that the problem was something called starforce conflicted with my drive - i tried to use the starforce remover, but it does change anything....

If you can see the drive can you right click and select open. If you can do this then you should be able to select setup and run the setup manually. I had a similar problem and doing this allowed me to install the game.

i can see the drive - but it appears to be empty, even though the disc is inserted.

So, if i right click, and select open my drive just opens, and tells me that there is no disc inserted....

thanks for your help so far:)

Archived