Wow, LOL! (funniest thing to happen to you in FM)

so today i acquired ranaldo from Corinthians and in my press confrens the last question i am asked is about ranaldo's injury proness. i sorta laugh and answer that i have faith in his health.

to no avail the first game he plays he suffers a injury LOL!

whatt is the funnyest/ most ironic thing to happen to you guys?

I am playing with Newcastle, and Smith headed it over the keeper and the ball stopped right on the line.

My new striker Kikin Fonseca followed the ball the whole way in a walking motion to almost shephard it over, but when it stopped I swear he was already celebrating before he smashed a bullet into the roof of the net from .00001 yards out.

Lol!

The funniest thing I've ever had in FM was speaking to my brother who was annoyed that he had spent half an hour looking, without any success, for a player called 'Beneficial' as his Chairman had told him that 'the signing of a big name player would be beneficial'

I can still remember his face as I stood there crying with laughter about it :D

Lol!

The funniest thing I've ever had in FM was speaking to my brother who was annoyed that he had spent half an hour looking' date=' without any success, for a player called 'Beneficial' as his Chairman had told him that 'the signing of a big name player would be beneficial'

I can still remember his face as I stood there crying with laughter about it :D[/quote']

LMAO!!!! if my brother/friend did that, i swear i will roll on the floor laughing man...LOL

Lol!

The funniest thing I've ever had in FM was speaking to my brother who was annoyed that he had spent half an hour looking' date=' without any success, for a player called 'Beneficial' as his Chairman had told him that 'the signing of a big name player would be beneficial'

I can still remember his face as I stood there crying with laughter about it :D[/quote']

Quality story! It's soo funny watching people play FM for the first time!

I played a match in which one of the opponents (can't remember which team) picked up two yellow cards in the first seven minutes. Ten minutes later another made a two footed tackle and got a straight red card. As he was being sent off, another punched one of my players and they were down to eight men inside twenty minutes.

The match comm told me that "[Name of opponents] are beginning to lose their discipline."

Dan's a fantastic man! He really is. I was talking to him early and he asked me what kind of phone I had and I said a Motorola Timeport. And he said, 'that's saaad, you wana upgrade'. I said, so do you - to a new face. He nearly soiled himself! He said he was laughing so hard he had Kenco coming out of his nostrils, and that made me laugh. But...my nostrils were clear.

I played a match in which one of the opponents (can't remember which team) picked up two yellow cards in the first seven minutes. Ten minutes later another made a two footed tackle and got a straight red card. As he was being sent off, another punched one of my players and they were down to eight men inside twenty minutes.

The match comm told me that "[Name of opponents] are beginning to lose their discipline."

Proper Argentinian football that. :thup:

Dan's a fantastic man! He really is. I was talking to him early and he asked me what kind of phone I had and I said a Motorola Timeport. And he said, 'that's saaad, you wana upgrade'. I said, so do you - to a new face. He nearly soiled himself! He said he was laughing so hard he had Kenco coming out of his nostrils, and that made me laugh. But...my nostrils were clear.

Back of the net!

Other than the usual silly use of the nickname function (poor old Kenny Lunt)...

A few years ago I was playing as Ipswich - they had just been relegated to the Championship in real life - and I was trying to get rid of a few of the high wage earners to balance the books. Rangers came in and made a one-year loan offer for Marcus Bent, agreeing to play all of his £40000 a week wages.

I accepted the deal and off trots Marcus for a year at Rangers. After a couple of weeks I check his status and he wants renegotiate his contract - I think that is odd but take a look. He was willing to take a wage of £10000 a week, a £30000 a week pay cut. An offer I couldn`t turn down as he would likely return to the club at the end of the year and I didn`t want to be shelling out loads for his wage.

Over the next few weeks I slowly realise that Rangers are continuing to give me £40000 a week for Bent's wages despite him only costing me £10000. That brought me much laughter on realisation and amusement for the rest of that season :D

Quality story! It's soo funny watching people play FM for the first time!

Agreed. I remember on '08 my brother and I were doing a joint season and as Barcelona, he put in a 38.5 million pound pid for Roy Makaay. That was hilarious in itself, then again, the 26 million pound bid for Beckham that shortly followed that was equally as good. :D

On FM 05, I bought van der Meyde from everton for £5m, sold him a couple of years later to Chelsea for £30m, then 2 years later re-signed him on a free when his contract ran out!

Signing vd Meyde for £5m is already funny

My last 09 save had two brilliant bits. Liverpool, something like 15th around Christmas, have dragged themselves back up the table until on the last day with minutes to go, they're about to grab a 1-1 draw at Spurs and 6th place and a Europa League spot. Gerrard own goal. Epic fail. Bye bye Rafa.

I'm managing Everton. Playing at home to Utd, I'm playing 4-1-4-1, defending pretty deeply, having learnt from being soundly beaten by them in the FA Cup that attempting to play in any way offensively was perhaps not that wise. Utd are all over us, but cannot score, having had a perfectly legitimate Ronaldo goal ruled out for offside. Into injury time and Tim Howard boots the ball down field, and Yakuba runs forlornly after it. Foster races out to clear, but doesn't hit it particularly well. He's now way out of goal as the ball bobbles towards the half-way line... and Phil "Couldn't hit a barn door with a blunderbuss at 5 yards" Neville. Now IRL, this would be the moment when every Everton fan in the stadium slowly drops their head into their hands. Here: cue Neville wonder-strike from half way line. Cue completely undeserved win. Cue me almost ****ing myself laughing.

Archived