The first time I have thought this game might be terrible in 10 years...

I have been buying the game since it was champ man back in 07/08.

I don't claim to be the best manager in the world but I know what I'm doing.

The Demo was fine for fm10.

What the hell has happened?!?!

Playing at home against man u. not all out attack but I know I can give them a good game. But its half time and what is this? I'm losing 2-0. I've won only 16% of my tackles. Neither of my cbs are yet to even attempt one?!?!?! Thats not me being rubbish. Thats not me accidently playing a youth striker at the heart of my defence. Thats not me being a non league team. That is something fundamentally wrong with this game and it is not fun!!!!!!!

If i see another one of my players "clear the ball" into the back of the head of another of my players, watch it loop in the air, land beside them and then allow wayne rooney to stroll in, take the ball and run off (probably to score cos my cb wont try to tackle him) before he even reacts, then i will eat every hat i own, complain bitterly, pray SI aren't so stupid that they made such a massive c**k up and hope that another patch comes soon cos this is ridiculous!!

On the other hand, my girlfriend will be pleased cos i sure as hell wont be spending all my time playing football manager.

comments?

morale is all good throughout the team.

Its not my tactics. I'm not that stupid at this game. you cant say that center backs not even attempting a tackle is down to my tactics. unless i told them not to. which i didn't.

blame terrible game in 10 years for not playing game in your favor mate?

if so, many here can moan about it. new game, new tactic, new ME ... so need time to get familar with it. look at barca, still lost at home 1-2 against a small Rubin :) real life

Everybody experience low tackles attempted by the deffenders on their games. I've never seen a deffender made 4 or 5 successful tackles in a game. And in this version, the midfielders or strikers tackle more than the deffenders.

Check out this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=157896&highlight=2010+tackling

This thread sums up two points:

1) tackling and aggression is currently being reviewed by SI - general consensus seems to be that it needs tweaking. My own opinion is that it DOES need tweaking but it isn't a game breaker. More aggression needed, more actual "on the deck" tackles needed, better closing down needed. These things DO happen in its current state, just not often enough.

2) the way "tackles" are counted in FM differs to some real life stat counters like Optra. EG, if a midfielder passes to a striker but the defender intercepts, this is NOT a tackle. Similarly, if a striker and defender are running alongside each other chasing the same ball, and the defender gets there first, it is NOT counted as a tackle. Headers won by defenders... NOT counted as a tackle. Only "on the deck", dispossessing a player in complete control of the ball counts as a tackle. Stats-wise in soak tests it is only SLIGHTLY less than in 'real life' situations.

Archived