How to play a Center Midfield Player?

In player instructions its pretty simple to set up an attacking midfielder or a defensive midfielder as just clicking defensive or attacking midfielder mode, however my concern is playing a likes of Xabi Alonso or a Lucho Gonzalez, everything is pretty much on normal. any advise as to play these types also how do you play two center midfield player together? i know i sound stupid. its just i usually play Defensive midfield in the center along with and attacking midfielder in the center of midfield.

how many times have i used the word midfield? LOL icon_razz.gif

In player instructions its pretty simple to set up an attacking midfielder or a defensive midfielder as just clicking defensive or attacking midfielder mode, however my concern is playing a likes of Xabi Alonso or a Lucho Gonzalez, everything is pretty much on normal. any advise as to play these types also how do you play two center midfield player together? i know i sound stupid. its just i usually play Defensive midfield in the center along with and attacking midfielder in the center of midfield.

how many times have i used the word midfield? LOL icon_razz.gif

I usually leave these type of centres on team mentality and creative freedom.

As a play with many different mindsets this basically makes the midfielder the engine room of the team.

Try using these methods and ajust foward runs etc. to your type of mindset.

Xabi Alonso has flourished in my experience either as a break-up player away from home or a creative mastermind at home games.

If decision making is not too high I usually set one MC to "rare" forward runs and the other to "often". Creativity slider usually "normal".

If decision making is high, I'll often set one MC with a backward arrow to the DMC position, forward runs "rare" but with high creativity, meaning his starting position is always where I want him but he has licence to roam a little if there's opportunity. Hamsik gets me a few long-shot goals with this setting. I expect someone like Alonso could cope with it. Works well for me with Gareth Barry in that position for my England team, but he's 32 now so will have to reconsider.

Archived