GOAL!!!!!keeper [Player Naming]

Hey guys I have been playing Football Manager for a few year now, and today I got a very shocking surprise. I'm currently in my first season with Manchester United unbeaten my first 19 league games (Won 17, Drawn 2). My next game is away at Manchester City who are currently in 4th (Won 13, Drawn 3, Lost 3).

The game kicks off and within the first two minutes Man City take the lead through Adebayor. I didn't tweak my my tactics much gave the odd shout but didn't change much. It had gotten to the last 15 minutes or so I made three changes took off Scholes, Rooney and Berbatov for Anderson, Owen and Macheda. I also changed my strategy to overload.

Three minutes of added time is shown still 1-0 down but absolutely dominating the game. In the second minute of added time I get a throw in not a corner and Van Der Star trots up field. I never thought anything of it, just that my 19 game run was over. Evra takes the throw in and gives to Ronaldo (Nani) who passes to Van Der Sar and he smashed it passed Shay Given to make it 1-1. Well I couldn't believe it.

I know that it is not a cup final or anything but still for my goalkeeper to save us from defeat is still pretty impressive.

Proof:

vandersar1.th.png

vandersar2.th.png

vandersar3.th.png

vandersar4.th.png

Has anyone else had anything similar?

I had kind of the opposite situation to this happen to me recently. I was 1-0 up in a game (can't remember who against) late on when the opposition keeper came up for a throw in deep in my half. The throw in is taken and the guy that the ball was thrown to is tackled and the ball is passed to 38 year old Henrik Larsson, he shoots from inside our own half and scores into the empty net. I was watching the game in commentary only as well and only looked at it after the commentary said 'a 55 yard screamer from Larsson.:D

Archived