Match Engine is way better in lower league games

I have 2 games going, 1 with Notts County and 1 with Bayern. I find that the matches played at the high levels are an absolute joke in this version of FM 10, worst I have seen in quite some time from SI. Long shot goal, screamer goal, 30 yarder goal......every game at least once there is a super long shot goal. This creates the problem of defending long shots way more than you should have to. I should not have to close down every player 30 yards or rsk a goal. This causes the d line to get way out of shape and leads to another whole set of issues.

On the lower leagues however.....I don't see this problem and the ME is much more enjoyable for me. The goals are created more naturally and reflect the game better IMO.

Anyone else feel the same?

No, it's not. It needs tweaking, long shots success and long shot tendencies need to be toned down.

Also, it is very easy for defenders to run in the opposition defense or break the offside trap. Defenders have a tendency to leap some gaping holes. Please SI, it needs a little more tweaking.

Archived