Player doesn't want to add a nationality

I have a player, who have played in my club, Aalborg BK, in Denmark for 7 years, which makes it legal for him to become a Danish citizen. But when I look at his Personal Page, it says that "he doesn't see any advantages", which I find stupid, as he would go straight on the Danish National Team Line-Up.

Is there any way, I can tell him that? I am the national coach of Denmark too.

You cant persuade a player to take a second nationality. Since he's Dutch he doesn't need a wp to play so thats probably why he thinks that having a second nationality would be pointless.

I have a player, who have played in my club, Aalborg BK, in Denmark for 7 years, which makes it legal for him to become a Danish citizen. But when I look at his Personal Page, it says that "he doesn't see any advantages", which I find stupid, as he would go straight on the Danish National Team Line-Up.

Is there any way, I can tell him that? I am the national coach of Denmark too.

It doesn't necessarily mean, just because he's elligible to play for Denmark, that he wants to. There are plenty of cases of players being eligible for new nations and choosing not to represent them...

In the game , it is a persoanl decision if the player takes up second nationality and there is nothing that you can do to change it. It will happen more often for non EU players qualifying for nationality in an EU country as there are great advantages in that.

• 2 weeks later...

So, now the player actually decided to become Danish too - but as the national coach of Denmark, I can't select him?

Is it because of his youth caps for Holland?

I got a message telling me, that he was selectable for the Danish team though...

So, now the player actually decided to become Danish too - but as the national coach of Denmark, I can't select him?

Is it because of his youth caps for Holland?

I got a message telling me, that he was selectable for the Danish team though...

Youth\Under 21 caps dont count. Have a look and see if he's declared for any nation since that might be why he's reluctant. You could always try praising im through the media and this might persuade him to go for your country.

Archived