Staff Wages

Playing as Borussia Dortmund i was advised to get a particular coach, he wanted £2,900 p/w i could only offer £2,000 to begin with so i converted half of my 3,3m transfer budget to the wager budget. Went back to see how much i could now offer him, it had gone up to £2,400, so i converted the other half, went back again to see how much i could offer again. it hadnt changed at all, i could still only offer £2,400.

Is there some kind of threshold system going on? or is there just a problem with the wage structure, cos im sure fitting in £2,900 p/w into a wage structure where i had an extra 50k p/w to spend on wages would work out just fine.

The board put a kind of limit on how much you can offer staff and players, according to other staff members' and players' wages. It's there because, irl, the board wouldn't want one person earning a lot more than everyone else at the club.

The way round this is to offer raises to some of your staff, and the max limit should go up.

• SI Staff

Boards usually limit the top wages of staff based on club financial status, reputation and some other factors (chairman ambition etc.) so at some point there will be a limit on how much the board is willing to pay for staff wages.

Archived