Expiring Contracts

Just a quick question regarding expiring contracts.

How come sometimes you can't approach to sign players whos contracts are expiring in 6 months time for example:-

Robinho's contract is expiring on the 30/06/2013 and the current date is 06/01/2013 yet I cant approach to sign him whereas Stephane Mbia who has the same contract expiry date and I can approach to sign him....

robinho.jpg

mbia.jpg

Just wondering if it happens to other people or if theres a reason for it im missing :confused:

As you're managing in England you need to wait until there's only one month left on his contract, as he plays in England. Any players outside of England will be available to offer a contract to at 6 months though.

Oh right thanks for the response :thup:

When did that rule come in?

No, the rule is applied correctly in FM. You cannot sign an English based player for another English club until 6 weeks before his contract expires.

yh but what im saying surely u could do a private deal like clubs probably do now, then make it public with a month to go on his contract

yh but what im saying surely u could do a private deal like clubs probably do now, then make it public with a month to go on his contract

yeah they can because i'm sure when Liverpool signed Steve Finnan from Fulham it was common knowledge around February, months before it expired

yeah they can because i'm sure when Liverpool signed Steve Finnan from Fulham it was common knowledge around February, months before it expired

at least someone knows what point im trying to make!:thup:

so why cant we do that on this game, i mean u could go and approach players like u normally would, then u could have the option on a normal deal(managing in england and getting player from europe etc) to choose public or private. now on a deal where u want someone from another english club then that option could only be set to private and u couldnt change it, many clubs could go in for them and the only club to know if they have that player would be club he chooses and the other clubs wouldnt know until the player's in is final month with is current club

i dont think it will happen as you need to tell the club first you are offering the contract, you there would need to be an option of 'Approach Club to Sign' as if you offered a contract 6 months before it expired (in england for example) without informing the club its classed as tapping up so its not allowed in FM, as stated you can only legally offer it direct to the player 6 weeks before it expires

It's all in the FA Rules. Extracted some of the central points:

(j) Agreements Between Club & Players

(iii) Within 7 days of the first Saturday in May, or the date of the last competitive

Match of the Club’s first team, whichever is the later, the Club must give notice in

writing to the Player indicating that either the Club offers a re-engagement or, if

appropriate, exercises any option contained in the agreement.

(vi) If the offer is rejected the Player is immediately free to negotiate with another

Club.

------------------

(n) Re-engagement of Players

(i) On or after 1st April of the year in which an agreement or any renewal of it

expires, a Player under written contract may enter into a new agreement with and

again be registered for the Club.

(ii) Until the existing agreement or any renewal of it has terminated:

(A) a Player may not enter into any agreement with any other Club in

membership with The Association, or an Affiliated Association, or of any

other national football association; and

(B) the Player may not be approached by any other Club, or Club Official of any

other Club, or any person with a view to inducing the Player to leave the Club

for which the Player is registered, except with the written permission of that

Club.

(iii) If, by the time specified for such notice to be served, the Player has not received

notice exercising an option or offering a further re-engagement under paragraph

C1(j) of this Rule, the Player is free to make such enquiries or approaches as

thought fit to secure employment when the agreement or renewal of it

terminates.

I know what you are saying mate, but i'd suggest that is breaking the rules, so FM doesnt allow you to do that.

Same way you can't do a chelsea and convince young players to cancel their contacts with other clubs lol

Can you offer a contract to players based in different continents 6 months before their contract expires e.g. Ronaldo from Corinthians in Brazil? Or do you have to wait until a month before or wait until its expired?

Thanks

Yes you can. Although each country probably has its own rules, so id check it out.

Playing as an english club just now i have pre-contacted (6 months) players from Scotland, Germany and Japan.

Archived