XML error

Right - I have been playing this game fine now up until just 10 minutes ago when I loaded the game. I get the 'not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of profile0.xml' message. The game then loads up, but the screen size is stretched and the same message comes up when I close down too - so I don't really want to play again until the error has fully gone. I have followed the troubleshooting on the FAQ page for the error (deleting the cache files and all that) but it still doesn't work. What do I have to do - restart the computer or deselect to show hidden files - or is it a deeper problem :(.

Thanks.

Found something on another thread that might help.

Delete the following:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

IN XP: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

IN VISTA: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Organize' then 'Folder and Search Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

cheers trekman - that did the trick. Although when I loaded the game up again, the load up last game saved game part was greyed out - so you can imagine how shocked I was! Luckily it was still saved under the 'load game'section and the only other thing I had to re-do was the set all the preferences and skin again. Just out of interest - what does deleting the skin cache actually do - like re-sets all the graphics on the game or something?

cheers trekman - that did the trick. Although when I loaded the game up again, the load up last game saved game part was greyed out - so you can imagine how shocked I was! Luckily it was still saved under the 'load game'section and the only other thing I had to re-do was the set all the preferences and skin again. Just out of interest - what does deleting the skin cache actually do - like re-sets all the graphics on the game or something?

Yes, just like a refresh if you like :)

Archived