Crash Dump Error - This Keeps Occuring and It's Frustrating!!!!

For the third time now i have been presented with this wonderful message:

"Football Manager 2010 10.1.0f84702 has stopped working

Windows is collecting more information about the problem. This might take several minutes..."

And something else about a file being created in the sports interactive folder to do with a crash dump error or something!!!

To say im annoyed and angry is an understatement!! It's really putting me off the game i love so dearly, because i feel like theres no point in playing the game if it's going to keep doing this to me.

I love this game to pieces and appreciate everything SI have done in making this such a groundbreaking game and series, but what the hell is this error all about and why is it even occuring!!!

I've updated things on my laptop and followed the FAQ guidelines and still i get this error out of the blue!!

Frustrated is too weak a word to use for the way im feeling right now!!

• Administrators

What are your system specs?

What operating system you are running?

Where you got your game from (Steam/DVD/Digital Download etc)?

How many leagues/countries you are running and what size database?

Exactly where you get the crash/memory leak - (such as in match, tactics screen, when processing, when left idle etc)

Please let me know and lay it out in the format show above. Thanks.

Exactly where you get the crash/memory leak - (such as in match, tactics screen, when processing, when left idle etc)

Windows Vista Home Premium

Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz

4.00 GB RAM

Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Windows Vista

Brought the game online from zavvi. It's a disc game (where i have to put the disc in every time i want to play the game)

12 leagues from 7 nations (i think!), with a large database!

I cant really remember to be honest, but the latest time it crashed was when i was in a match and i clicked the tactics button underneath the scoreline and time.

Erm.......

Come on mods sort it out. I know you've all got jobs to do, but surely helping the people who buy the game is one of those!!

I want this sorted :-(

im having exactly the same problem, no point playing the game at the minute because every league i start this happens, sometimes after 6 or 7 games or sometimes after the first season?? if im being honest i think its a total joke and needs sorting, iv paid good money for something i cant use, exactly the same as last year aswell, couldnt even play that for 3 months, nice to see you lot are being paid good wages to supply us with things like this?? its almost laughable but not quite!!

im having exactly the same problem, no point playing the game at the minute because every league i start this happens, sometimes after 6 or 7 games or sometimes after the first season?? if im being honest i think its a total joke and needs sorting, iv paid good money for something i cant use, exactly the same as last year aswell, couldnt even play that for 3 months, nice to see you lot are being paid good wages to supply us with things like this?? its almost laughable but not quite!!

It's a real pain in the arse mate, because im scared shitless to start a new game now incase it ****s up half way through or so on. I've lost all the motivation in now continuing with my pretty succesful Liverpool saved game because it's gone back in time with good results i was having, which is frustrating as hell!!!

I dont mean to moan or be impatient or what have you, but this is'nt fair, we've waited long enough for a release date and when the game comes out things stop us from enjoying it!!!

How exactly do i do this. Where is the FM icon??

"After Launching via Steam I get an error message saying "football manager 2010 10.1.0f84847 has stopped working" or the game fails to Launch

The most common fix for the game failing to launch is that you need to verify your skin cache. To do so, right click on the FM icon and then select properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache.

Then you should update your DirectX, download and install from the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This should solve the issue."

It's a real pain in the arse mate, because im scared shitless to start a new game now incase it ****s up half way through or so on. I've lost all the motivation in now continuing with my pretty succesful Liverpool saved game because it's gone back in time with good results i was having, which is frustrating as hell!!!

I dont mean to moan or be impatient or what have you, but this is'nt fair, we've waited long enough for a release date and when the game comes out things stop us from enjoying it!!!

exactly mate, its doing my head in because i love buying young players and i have to keep starting new games and buying the same players etc... to be honest its absolutly boring me!! i dont like moaning either but like you say its not fair at all!! i dont know much about computers either i just want play the game so god knows what the crash bump thing means??

How exactly do i do this. Where is the FM icon??

"After Launching via Steam I get an error message saying "football manager 2010 10.1.0f84847 has stopped working" or the game fails to Launch

The most common fix for the game failing to launch is that you need to verify your skin cache. To do so, right click on the FM icon and then select properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache.

Then you should update your DirectX, download and install from the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This should solve the issue."

i got a memory leak first day, decided to work out how to "combat it" (thats the best you can do before a patch sorts it)

best thing for me was . windowed mode and minimize then maximize fm10 every 30 minutes or so

never had a memory leak since

not saying it will work for everyone but it cured mine until a patch fixes the entire issue

My computer is fully updated. I've got two or three of these crashes today and a few before today. Sofar the crashes has been outside of matches. Checked memoryusage last crash, but it was below 1GB so shouldn't cause much trouble. Running around 25 leagues from 12 countries.

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.090803-2339)

Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)

System Manufacturer: Acer

System Model: Aspire 5520

BIOS: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58 (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz

Memory: 3070MB RAM

Page File: 2818MB used, 3533MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 2: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 8600M GS

I am getting the same message. The screen freezes and then i get the blue screen of death! Has happen 3 times now. Every time I am in the middle of a match. I have a fairly new laptop (only 5 months old) and have recently installed Windows 7 on it. Everything else works fine. :( Gutted!

I've had two crash dumps both times I've played the game. The last one occurred as I was just about to pick my team selection for an upcoming match. I'm pretty sure the first happened at a similar time.

The game was downloaded from Steam.

I was running about 30 or so leagues with a database of over 200,000 players.

This is the name of both the crash dump files:

FM 2010 v10.1.0.84847 (2009.11.01 04.14.44).dmp

FM 2010 v10.1.0.84847 (2009.11.05 23.31.45).dmp

Here are my computer specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium

64 bit Operating System

Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz

8GB RAM

It's annoying, so if you could perhaps find out what may be causing it, I'd be grateful.

Intel Quad Core 2.67 GHz

4 GB RAM

Windows 7, latest updates, 32-bit.

Got game from Steam.

42 Leagues, 13 countries, medium database

Crash comes during matches. I've had it happen three times, and don't recall the exact thing I was doing, although I'll start paying attention to this. After the first one, I uploaded the crash dump and save file ... haven't with the other two.

- Intel Core 2 Duo p8600 (2,4 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 3 MB L2 cache)

- Nvidia GeForce 9700M GT

- 4GB DD3 RAM

- Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

- DVD

- 24 league from 16 nation with custom database

- got crash in all screen, when i try to click for continue game, when i use tatctic while are in match, when i try to confirm formation for start match, got 5 crash in about 9 hour of game (italy league started at 1 july and i'm at 30 august)...when game crash, a little pop up with an error message appear and tell me to go in crash dump dir for see the file, but it's have a .dmp format that i can't open

- Intel Core 2 Duo T93002.5 GHz

- Nvidia GeForce 9700M GT

- 4GB DD3 RAM

- Windows 7 Ultimate

- Steam

- 29 leagues from 23 nations with custom database

Crash really has only seemed to be happening during a match. Usually when I am going into or out of the tactics screen. Has become quite annoying, as I have now started saving before and after each match to minimize the damage to the season I am playing. Makes playing very disjointed and alot more cumbersome. Have updated the program through Steam.

Is there an email address to submit the crash dumps too? If not, why even have the program create them? Any help on this would be great! Love everything else about this newest edition...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey people, i always thought this would never happen to me. i took a week off work mainly to indulge in FM2010. but now this has happened. :S

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400

ATI Radeon HD4650 1GB

4GB DDR3 RAM

Windows Vista Home Pro

Steam

For my PC performance, very little - 3 countries with 12 leagues

Manager Overview/Inbox

Pls SI, get back to us. Sharpish. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

The crash dump file does not cause crashes, it's like a black box from an airplane crash, basically it tries to tell us how the game crashed. Deleting it or leaving it will make no difference to your game crashing.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting regular crash dumps now as well so I'll add mine Neil.

Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 620 Processor 2.60 GHz

4Gb RAM

ASUS EAH4850 Graphics Card

32bit Windows 7

Steam

All leagues - Medium database? I think

Mostly after the teamtalk when you move to the 3d for kickoff.

Occasionally when the match is paused and you click "Tactics" from the 3d.

• 4 months later...

Through my 4th season of FM10 and it has started crashing on a regular basis. It says this crash bumps every time it does it. Why is it doing this its really annoying now. Ive deleted the file crash bumps but it just comes back later on.

For those people that haven't done it yet I suggest that you install the 10.3 patch. You only need this patch and not the others first. I was getting the crash dump problem until I installed this patch.

You can find it at the top of the forum.

mine crashes twice a season, always during a match when i go to make a substitution. i save before every game so if it does it then i only have that 1 match to replay.

i will say that its probably my own fault tho as i do run a very large game. its only causing me a minor problem at the moment, if it gets worse then i will think of starting all over again

Archived