Long Shots Down

how about an option to ask the players to instead of taking fewer long shots but to keep them low as possible?

there are some great players out there with a high long shot rating i would like these players to shoot from long range often but 90% of the shots go over the bar. 5% go wide and the other minority hit the target more often than not saved. these are world class players were talking about here so how about a touch line shout, option during tactics or maybe even PPM that keeps shots low.

any thoughts?

Have you not seen long shots fly past your keeper from players with terrible long shot attributes, they need to fix that first. But I know what you mean, Gerrard can smack them from range and tends to keep them on target, same with Lamps, but FM tends to have shots hitting the moon rather than the goalmouth. I'd like a PPM that says 'Hits long shot along ground' or a stat that defines how accurate he is with long shots.

its just an option that would add a whole new dimention to the game. and flashback just because a player has low long shots doesnt mean they CANT just means that 99% of the time they wont score. but the better players in the world score quite often from long shots. a keep them hard and low option, just low or tell them to aim to break legs with them if you want :D (remember riise's free kick against man u when he broke alan smiths leg?). i just think the option to tell the players that you want them to keep the shots low would be a great addiition to the game.

Have you not seen long shots fly past your keeper from players with terrible long shot attributes, they need to fix that first.

doesn't happen too often and reflects real life footy as well. All it takes is a strong foot and a slice of luck, you dont need to be frank lampard. Even I could hit wonder goals once in a while, let alone a professional footballer.

Archived