FM2010 installed but reboots pc when I try to open

Has any one got this problem and know what to do?

Ive installed fm2010 on my pc via the offline mode (through the disk) which all worked fine. (tried steam but voted against using it due to many 'issues')

when i double click the icon on my desktop, my pc turns off and reboots which means i cant open the game.

I have tried opening the file from .exe in fm2010 file on my computer etc.

I have updated the drivers

i have instaled up to date directx

ive also tried uninstalling and re-installing

my pc's specs are more than adequate

Apologies if theres a thread for this already but couldnt find one.

Ive read many threads but not come across anyone with similare probs

can anyone help or point me in the right direction? would be v grateful as received it last friday and still havnt been able to play it.

thanks

my pc spec is:

Windows XP

Intel Pentium 4cpu 2.67 Ghz 512mb

graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce Ti4200 with AGP8X

no sound card

Ive just noticed my graphics card may not be good enough (d'oh) - HOWEVER I did manage to play FM09 (same minimum spec required) on it no problems but obviously without the 3D pitch. Is this something that may have changed between now and then?

Also made sure no sound in the game preferences in Fm09 due to lack of soundcard. unable to do this so far in FM10 as i cant open the game to get to preferences.

Please let me know if you can help.... (no smart-ass comments)[oh go on then, if u insist! ;-)]

Tried playing fm10 on my folks pc - that is a slower pc than mine and has a Radion 7500 family(?) video/graphics card which is also below spec - this however loads up ok (does say cant play 3d obviously) but can still play the game ok in 2d mode - no probs there.

its unforunate i cant get near theie pc most of the time or i would have swapped!!

Would spending £80 ish be worth it for a new graphics card for my pc if this is the problem?

• 3 weeks later...

i have sort of the same problem,my laptop screen goes blue for a second then reboots but this happens just before i go into a match!!ive looked around the net for solutions but they havnt worked!solutions such as going into properties and target then reset_preferences,also going into the settings a deleting,because ther are no settings option in my sports interactive options!!really really frustrating me!!can anyone help??

my pc spec is:

Windows XP

Intel Pentium 4cpu 2.67 Ghz 512mb

graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce Ti4200 with AGP8X

no sound card

512mb isnt all that much ram really so the first thing I would do is get more ram (at least 2gb).

You might be suffering from an overheating issue. Does your computer get plenty of ventilation where it is currently situated? Is your computer a desktop? If so open up the case and turn on the computer to make sure that the fans are working. It might also be a good idea to get the hoover attachments out and give the inside a bit of a clean!!!

Archived