Transfers!!!

why is it that when offering players some clubs will offer it over 48 months!!! yet if i was to do it they would reject it. i get the whole thing that if u offer other clubs will offer whatever has u dont want him, but surely if i wanted it over 48 months id of asked. 12 or 18 moths i can accept but 48 months :mad: its like trying to make the payments alot more affordable, does that mean i get interest lol and did they go to a price comparison website, lol

That is how modern transfers work. It's very rare that transfers are completed with one lump sum payment nowadays. Take Marouane Fellaini to Everton - technically, he cost between £15-17.5m; but in reality that sum is about £8-9m as the rest is dependent on other factors. Not only that, at least half of the overall fee will be "on the drip".

Same with Louis Saha, but the other way around - he was bought for peanuts from United, technically. However, his fee will rise significantly depending on appearances, goals etc.

It's only the superclubs who will pay the full whack for a player, and will usually get a player cheaper due to paying full rate. Therefore, the reason you are not successful in buying players "on the drip" is because you're not offering a more substantial transfer fee for the luxury of signing a player that way.

I didn't notice this to satrt with. Just sold about £50mil worth of players and was looking to replace but my transfer budget was still low. Now have about 5 deals that are spread over 48 months. Teach me to check the transfer offer next time.

The bonus is that your transfer budget will be higher in subsequent seasons because your clubs overall financial state will be better off long term.

It's like a bank receiving loan repayments and investing the returned money long term.

Because they want the best deal possible. You have the option to reject it to or to negotiate if you wish :)

yh i know that :)

That is how modern transfers work. It's very rare that transfers are completed with one lump sum payment nowadays. Take Marouane Fellaini to Everton - technically, he cost between £15-17.5m; but in reality that sum is about £8-9m as the rest is dependent on other factors. Not only that, at least half of the overall fee will be "on the drip".

Same with Louis Saha, but the other way around - he was bought for peanuts from United, technically. However, his fee will rise significantly depending on appearances, goals etc.

It's only the superclubs who will pay the full whack for a player, and will usually get a player cheaper due to paying full rate. Therefore, the reason you are not successful in buying players "on the drip" is because you're not offering a more substantial transfer fee for the luxury of signing a player that way.

im talking about the likes of juve and spurs, who have spent loads on players in past years, so why all of a sudden start making transfers over 48 months, but do i understand all the reasons behind it all

If a club knows you want rid of that player they'll try to haggle more than if they are coming in with a cold bid.

When I bid for transfer listed players, I always go in for about 10% down with the rest over 48 months, usually accepted, but sometimes I have to add a little bit on.

Archived