Unveiling players to the press

I signed Di Maria and Boruc in a summer window, when I unveiled them to the press (seperately) they were both unhappy with my comments. However I said different things in the press conferences!

What do I need to say to make them happy from my comments?

What are your player's responses after you've unveiled them to the press?

Well it's hard to answer your question without knowing what you said in the conference and the players' personalities. Some of the press conference answers do need work, but it is a tricky balance to find - distinct enough to be easily interpreted by the user, but ambiguous enough to make plausible the different possible player reactions.

yea seems press conferences are only there so you can annoy your players and lose your dressing room.

best to leave it to the assistant, although i haven't learnt that lesson yet in this fm.

i have declined a few times and they've never been annoyed thus far

seaneyboy is correct, but sometimes I have answered the player is good, should do well for club, and either he gets unhappy with that!?

OR he is happy with the answer and three or four of my other players get unhappy. Very annoying. It's not like I have said he is better than the rest of my players or anything of the sort. Clearly another FM error.

How about when new signings are unhappy with your comments and all you did was PRAISE them. That is easily one of my biggest annoyances with this feature. "Yes, we're thrilled to have Player X here. He's great. I love him. I just asked him to be godfather to my children." His response - negative. Sheesh!

I tend to avoid from unveiling them to the press, but not for this reason. its juts because so far I`ve only bought youngsters, so I dont think it would be that important to unveil a 16 or 17 year old to the press while he's not going to play for your first team yet..

but having to know that some of us do have problems with this feature,I wont be using it in the future =) better safe than sorry.

Archived