Loan fees with Future Price

I think I may just have made a grave error.

I just loaned out Darron Gibson in the second season and the club that loaned him set a Future Price of £4.9m.

Does this now mean that if they make a bid of that much I HAVE to accept it?

If so then I may have to offer him a huge wage now because I really want to keep him!

Thanks.

Yep, it does. If that club makes an offer of £4.9m, then it will automatically be accepted, and offering him a new contract wont do any good, as that clause is active as long as he is on loan.

Well I am Man Utd (obviously!) and he is on loan at Wigan.

As I really want to keep him and develop him for the future I have offered him £45,000 per week which I doubt Wigan will match. (I am over £300,000 below my wage budget so his wage is nothing).

Will post if he stays or not.

Yes, but in the game I want to keep him as I think he can become a good player.

Tbh I think they should keep him in real life, at least till he is 23/24 ish.

Don't offer him a new contract now (you'll be paying extra for no reason).

When it comes to the end of the loan, if the club make their fixed bid, THEN offer him a huge contract.

He will then decide between the 2 bids and if he choses yours, the club cannot bid a second time.

It's rule number 1....

Always read what your signing.

On 09 i duped a friend into agreeing a loan deal for one of his better players as I needed cover but set the future fee to £0. Thinking this meant no fee was set, he agreed and I ended up with a £6m Left Back for nothing!

Archived