Starting unemployed auto exp - impossible to get job in England?

Hey, I've just wasted half my day waiting for a job offer from ANY English or Scottish team. I thought I'd try starting unemployed with automatic experience with quite a number of leagues (all Spanish, Italian) but I had my heart set on a job in England. Anyway, 1st Jan in game and absolutely nada.

I was the same..id got Italy, Spain, Germany, Holland, England and Scotland loaded and got nothing at the lowest levels...you just constantly get a reply saying something along the lines of your nuts for even applying!!

I gave up in the end as id been through a full season..

You will get a job in time. Normally it takes to feb-mar to land a job this way, but I have managed to get the Stafford Rangers job in the beginning. But just be patient, go on holiday and tick apply for jobs box and surf the net for an half an hour or so.

Don't worry mate, it will happen!

The only other option you have really is to load up countries such as Sweden and Germany down to the lowest leagues. It's certainly different to managing in england but i think its a lot more enjoyable (no silly work permits etc) and also your pretty much guarenteed to get a job in one of these countries even with sunday league footballer reputation.

just keep at it and a job will come

it'll be BSN/S, unless you've set your nationality as Scottish, where it'll be more likely to get a job in SD3, or if your Spannish/Itialin then same for those countries

Tbh i've never had to wait past xmas for a job, but if it's really bugging you, put in a new manager exactly the same except with a higher rep. then retire your current one

Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boneshaker:

All the English, Scottish, Spanish & Italian divisions.

You should be able to get a club along the lines of Stafford Rangers, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you would have thought so. I applied for the vacant Stafford Rangers job on the first day but was rejected. Since then there has not been one single lower league (BSP, BSN/BSS) sacking.

I'm just going to scrap this one as I think I may have went overkill with the amount of playable leagues my machine can handle with acceptable speed.

I'm contemplating upping my past experience to at least sunday league level (I played a lot of 5-a-side as a kid!) to increase my chances of getting a job in the first season. I just wanted to know how anyone else fared in similar circumstances.

I couldn't get any job I applied for in England but Swedish 2nd div. clubs actually approached me. I was so flattered I am now managing Motala in the mid Gotaland league. It's good fun but well different to England, I'm hoping to up my rep. then move to a bigger club/better league.

Good Luck. icon14.gif

I couldn't get any job I applied for in England but Swedish 2nd div. clubs actually approached me. I was so flattered I am now managing Motala in the mid Gotaland league. It's good fun but well different to England, I'm hoping to up my rep. then move to a bigger club/better league.

Good Luck.

Ooo Motala i managed them, good team. One point i would make tho is that i found when i left them i had national reputation however i couldn't get a job for love nor money. So just be careful i guess lol. Anyway, Boneshaker give Sweden a go tis great icon14.gif

Yeah its not easy finding a job in western europe with auto, but you can certainly find them over the other side of the iron curtain, try joining me with Eastern European leagues loaded. I'm having a great time in Slovenia with Krka.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to follow this up - I loaded a new game with Sunday League exp. and Russian & Ukrainian leagues (my second nationality is Ukrainian) with every intention of hopefully getting a job in the Ukraine or Russia. But this time when I applied for the Stafford Rangers job I got it straight away.

I'm now almost up to Xmas and hovering around the play-off places and enjoying the LLM challenge.

icon14.gif

• 1 month later...

i started unemployed with my rep as sunday leage footballer (lowest rep .. i think icon_confused.gif ) and managed to get the tafford rangers job the next day , 5 game sinto mpre seaosn and really enjoying it , my best result so far being a 0-0 at home v hartlepool

With the original patch I started unemployed and managed to get a job with Torino in Serie A.

I was expecting to only get a Conference North/South job so it was a nice suprise and turned out to be one of my most enjoyable FM experiences.

• 1 month later...

Hi Boneshaker, I always start unemployed nowadays and due to my comp only having 512mb ram I just load all the English leagues and 1 more nation with all clubs. In FM 07 I loaded all English and all Scottish leagues and it took a while but I got offered the Peterhead job who were in Division 3 of Scotland at the time. When you are unemployed the jobs you are likely to get are Conference North/South and Scottish Division 3. I'm sure any other lowest league in other countrys you have a good chance of getting a job there too. But because England and Scotland are in the UK then you have more chance of being hired for a job there. (assuming you are British)

For example... I have just started a new career on FM 07 and I have loaded up all English leagues and all Spanish leagues. At the start of the game a team called Huesca in the Spanish Segunda B (Spanish 3rd and lowest tier on the game) needed a manager and I thought I might aswell apply. I thought I had no chance of being appointed... They seemed to think long and hard about it because it took about 5 days for them to reply but they did approach me and I happily accepted and when I took over the media called it a shock appointment that a Spanish club had hired an unknown Englishman LOL.

Clubs will very rarely approach you if you don't apply for the managers job. If you are unemployed and expect a team to approach you without you applying then I doubt you will get a job.

Also you mention you are starting a new career now because the other was too much for your comp... Well this time load up all English and Scottish leagues and if your comp can take one more country then load all those leagues up. You will have a good chance of getting a job in Conference North/South or Scottish division 3 when someone in those divisions is managerless.

You might have to wait a while though but it will be well worth it!

I'm getting into the whole start unemployed thing. In FM07, it took me until February or March to get a job in Serie B or the spanish Segunda, and in the game I'm playing now I got my first job from Freiburg (Second Bundesliga) earlier.

"Auto" experience basically means "Good enough to get a job at one of the worst active clubs in the game". So, you're basically looking at either Blue Square North/South, or the like.

Its certainly possible, with multiple nations loaded, to set it as impossible to get a job of your nationality. For example, if I set up a game with the E.P.L., Championship, and, say, all the Croatian divisions .. Even if I make my manager English, he only has enough reputation to qualify for some pathetic semi-pro club in Croatia .. and he may not have enough *Croatian* reputation to get even that job .. I mean, he's not just a manager almost nobody's ever heard of, he's a manager nobody's ever heard of outside of a couple amateur sides in England.

I'm not sure how high the reputations are for BSS/BSN, or the reputation of the worst league you may have active .. but it may actually be that your reputation is *too low* even to qualify for the BSN!

I always start a new game as unemployed.

Until you have built up your reputation/match experience all boards will be very reluctant to offer you a contract unprompted, as your too much of an unknown quantity.

Unless you "apply" for jobs, you will wait a long time.

Archived