Not one to moan about results, but...

This is ridiculous. FA Cup quarter final, my QPR team versus Portsmouth. They were winning 1-0 until i equalized 2 minutes from the end, to take the game in to extra time. We score in the first half of extra time, to take it to 2-1, so there's me thinking 'yes, we've done it!' We then go 3-1 up at the beginning of the second half of extra time, so i was obviously certain we were going thorugh. Then in the last 3 minutes of extra time, they get 2 back, then win 7-6 on penalties! Unbelievably frustrating, although it could possibly happen in real life.

I know most people on the forum don't like it when people moan about results, but it can get so annoying.

I think there should be a rant forum where we can go to moan about the injustice we all feel at certain times.

IRL you'll get games where teams dominate and lose and its the same in the game, but I bet United fans had a good moan on a furum somewhere when they lost to Portsmouth in the FA cup.

Why can't I moan when I've lost a crucial match when the opposition only had one shot on target.

MaccaB, there's nothing wrong with moaning and we have all been guilty of it. The thing that irritates people is when members lose and then exaggerate or say it must be a bug and doesn't happen IRL.

If you come on and moan, but admit it's your own fault or that it's just part and parcel of football, but you're still gutted, you will probably get a good response. We've all lost to the final kick of the game and I doubt any of has taken it well icon_razz.gif

"OMFG!!! they just scored 2 in the last mintue that would never happen ever this game has got so many bugs , i used to love cm but this game is so effing stupid now, and no its not my tactics its a bug"

thats what ticks most off.

sometimes you do need to rant, you lose a game and irl you would come down like a ton of bricks on your players, but tickng an 'angry' response ust doesnt cut it, i find my self looking round for something else to be angry at irl.

fell sorry for the kids of fm gamers. if they are anything like me they will turn around and go pick up your blody toys will you!!

not to copy most people on this forum..but

"its your tactics"

seriously

If youve played this game long enough then you SHOULD know that the AI near the last 10 minutes of a match(if behind) will try to claw itself back by changing to a 4-2-4 and play more attacting.

This would have been the time for you to change to perhaps a long ball and slow tempo style of play with timewasting to hold onto your lead. Also knocking off a few notches on the mentality bar would have helped

I'm not saying it's a bug or anything, and yes i probably didn't adjust my tactics appropriately to combat theirs, it just causes frustration, you know? This is the first time i've ever had a bit of a rant on here about it, and feel better for doing it.

albeit this example is from a friendly cup but nevertheless the computer seems to take them seriously.

well i was playing inter in the final game. a win would give me the title anything else would give it them.

at the end of the first half i am winning 2-0 and pretty pleased (well as pleased as you can in a friendly cup) i score early in he second half to extend me lead and think i have it all wrapped up. they pull one back and i think oh well its only a friendly. then they score another and i think oh dear must have said the wrong thing at half time. but still dont change anything.

they equalise in the 88th minute to hand them the G league title, i was pretty gutted. but to my amazement my team snatch a late goal in the 92nd minute. i jump off my chair and cheer pumping my fists, look down only to see them equalise in the 94th minute to finally grab the top spot.

this game always cheats me out of friendly tournaments :p

Archived