Great to hear tha Marc. Certain aspects of the transfer world do need improving; I mentioned in my thread about Wright-Philips how he has been up for sale by Chelsea for only 3-5 million pounds since the beginning of my game and Chelsea have not had one bid! It's odd that they would list him at 4 million in the first place, and odder still that that nobody would bid for him.

On the other hand I have to say that when I peruse the screen that lists all the transfers in the game, most of them seem very believable and sometimes even have me thinking 'Yes, how come they haven't bought him in real life?'

I am seeing the same think at a lower level. If a club doesnt want a player they seem to list them for a very low price. I have seen:

Trundle listed by Swansea for 45k

Darius Henderson listed by Watford for 80k

My players are similar standar but valued by the AI at 200k+. Yet when I want to sell them I struggle to get 25% of their value.

Had the game 3 days and its excellent and the transfer fees/offering players is the only issue I have. I love the "click and play" feel. Similar to CM 01/02. I would also recommend it to the people who want to have the option to play a more basic version of FM06.

I'm mixed on this. I've seen the odd CPU transfer going for much less than the player is worth but as for selling players, generally I don't have many probs.

I did have Figo sit on the transfer list all season at Inter but he went right at the start of season 2, and every other player I listed pretty much I sold, usually for around the value they were worth aswell.

I have seen certain players that won't attract bids and some low bids but overall I don't have much trouble selling players. Infact I recall being glad that I could sell players quite easily (especially seeing as you don't have a large squad space to sign new people with) but then again this was probably more noticeable because I find all recent PC versions of FM very hard to sell anyone at all.

As for the game itself I wasn't sure on my first go but now I LOVE it. It's so addictive and handy. What I love most is the fact it's so fast and simple. I've hated every game since CM01/02. I hate the 2D engine, so going back to the text and quick games like on FM Handheld has been brilliant.

Please SI don't make ANY gameplay changes!!! Other additions yes but don't change the game!

Archived