Opposition Instructions, bug or intended?

Hi

Didn't post this in Bugs forum because I am not sure whether its a bug or intended.

I was very happy when I saw the ask assistant button when you need to choose opposition instructions before a match, I always hated those. But it seems rather random if the button is clickable or "greyed out".

Is it supposed to be like this? Maybe sometimes the assistant manager has no suggestions? because his tactical knowledge is crap?

• SI Staff
Hi

Is it supposed to be like this? Maybe sometimes the assistant manager has no suggestions? because his tactical knowledge is crap?

Yes, the button is disabled if your assistant has no suggestions. This can be because either his abilities are not good enough to spot particularly dangerous opponents or because the opponents are not particularly dangerous to warrant any special treatment.

Yes, the button is disabled if your assistant has no suggestions. This can be because either his abilities are not good enough to spot particularly dangerous opponents or because the opponents are not particularly dangerous to warrant any special treatment.

Ok thanks.

(starts looking for a new AM)

I've also found a big difference in quality between ass mans, which I think is a good feature for FM. I had one that kept telling me to hard-tackle the full backs and CBs, but didn't really see much threat from an MC playmaker. I stopped asking his advice and eventually sacked him, but on the other hand I took Ricky Scraiba from Sunderland to Leeds and he was excellent.

Archived