FM Personality Guide

I have done some testing on the players' personalities using FM Modifier. Here are my conlusions on what personalities are. They depend on the attributes determination, influence, professionalism, ambition, loyalty, pressure, sportsmanship, temperament, most of which are hidden.

Ambitious: Ambition = 15-19 & Loyalty < 10.

Balanced: none of the rest

Born Leader: Influence = 20 & Determination = 20.

Casual: Professionalism = 2-4 & Determination < 10.

Devoted: Loyalty = 20 & Ambition = 6-7.

Determined: Determination = 18-19 & Ambition >9.

Driven: Determination = 20 & Ambition > 9.

Easily Discouraged: Determination = 1.

Fairly Ambitious: (Ambition = 15) or (Ambition = 16-20 & Loyalty >9).

Fairly Determined: (Determination = 15-17) or (Determination = 18-20 & Ambition < 10).

Fairly Loyal: (Loyalty = 15-17) or (Loyalty = 18-20 & Ambition = 8-14).

Fairly Professional: (Professionalism = 15-17) or (Professionalism = 18-20 & Temperament < 10).

Fairly Sporting: Sportsmanship = 15-17.

Honest: Sportsmanship = 20.

Iron Willed: Pressure = 20 & Determination > 14.

Jovial: Pressure > 14 & Temperament > 9.

Leader: (Influence = 19) or (Influence = 20 & Determination < 20).

Light-Hearted: Sportsmanship > 14 & Pressure > 14 & Determination > 9 & Temperament > 9.

Low Determination: Determination = 2-5.

Low Self-Belief: Pressure = 2-3 & Determination < 10.

Loyal: Loyalty = 18-19 & Ambition = 1-7.

Model Citizen: Determination > 17 & Ambition > 17 & Loyalty > 17 & Pressure > 17 & Professionalism > 17 & Temperament > 17 & Sportsmanship > 17.

Model Professional: Professionalism = 20 & Temperament > 9.

Professional: Professionalism = 18-19 & Temperament > 9.

Perfectionist: Ambition > 17 & Professionalism > 17 & Determination > 17.

Realist: Sportsmanship = 2-4.

Resilient: Pressure = 17-19 & Determination > 14.

Resolute: Determination = 15-17 & Professionalism = 15-17.

Slack: Professionalism = 1 & Determination < 10.

Spineless: Pressure = 1 & Determination < 10.

Spirited: Pressure > 14 & Professionalism = 15-17 & Temperament > 9.

Sporting: Sportsmanship = 18-19.

Temperamental: Temperament = 1-4.

Unambitious: Ambition < 6.

Unsporting: Sportsmanship = 1.

Very Ambitious: Ambition = 20 & Loyalty < 10.

Very Loyal: Loyal = 20 & Ambition = 1-7.

Notes:

- Often, a player may be eligible to be described by more than one personality descriptions. In this case, you are still going to see only one description. As a rule, Professional> Determined> Realist> Resilient> Light-Hearted> Spirited> Resolute> Jovial. What is to the lft, takes precedence. This means that if a player is both Realist and Spirited, in the game he is going to be described as "Realist".

- Since tutoring mainly affects these attributes, be careful as to what personality your tutors have. Professional, Resilient, Spirited, Determined, Resolute etc personalities are going to be good tutors. If a Spirited kid is tutored by a Balanced mentor, his personality is actually going to get worse.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

New addtions:

(Total) Corrections:

Determined: Determination = 18-19 & Ambition > 9.

• 1 month later...

And is something known about the effects of different kinds of teamtalks on different kind of personalities?

P.S. Still not sure how I should use the list above for tutoring players... Should the kid I want to tutor have the same personality as his tutor or is the personality of the kid not important?

Great insight though!

• 1 month later...

yeah but it would be interesting to know how each type of personality actually affects players.....which personality types keeeping going to the end of season and give 100%

and how teamtalks affect different personalities

Saw this post and had me interested as i couldn't see the ratings for Charismatic Leader which Andrea Barzagli has in my game.

I did some testing and i think i've found the right attribute ratings.

Charismatic Leader: Sportsmanship 18-29-20, Temperament 18-19-20, Influence 19-20

Nothing long-term I can show you, but I still find that you invariably get problems trying to get a lower personality youth player to be mentored by a "good" personality senior. Total clash of personality.

I now actually get rid of any players with bad mentality traits, and only look for youngsters with good traits, regardless of CA/PA, that will "fit in" with my current squad and therefore mentor easily.

- Since tutoring mainly affects these attributes, be careful as to what personality your tutors have. Professional, Resilient, Spirited, Determined, Resolute etc personalities are going to be good tutors. If a Spirited kid is tutored by a Balanced mentor, his personality is actually going to get worse.

I now won't buy any player of any other personality trait than - Professional, Resilient, Spirited, Determined, Resolute etc... Fairly Determined at worst. As a result, I hardly ever see any personality clash between players, teams seem to gel quicker and "favorite personnel" links between players is excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

Among the "good" personalities i prefer "spirit" at best as it gives good pressure, professional rating.

Together with determination which is visible in game, a spirit player is a good pick unless you use third party program to check out all the hidden stats.

Originally posted by aditya:

is there even a player that is model citizen

No I dont think so. There is only one player in the world who should have all the hidden mental attributes above 17 imo..and thats is Maldini icon_smile.gif

He should be a "Model Citizen"...

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever had a player listed as devoted? Any feedback on said player?

Just found a regen GK who my scouts say has the potential to be better than my current GK (Ben Foster) and he's available for peanuts. His personality is devoted.

I've just bought him and he's now turned to very loyal...

As well as gaining the determination stat (and therefore personality description) of your tutor, does a tutee also gain the pressure, ambition, loyalty etc hidden stats of his tutor?

icon14.gif Great thread Lyssien. The effort is appreciated (I was going to do something similar but I'm a lazy git at heart icon_wink.gif). Don't know how I missed this when it was originally posted.

originally posted by Law_Man:-

As well as gaining the determination stat (and therefore personality description) of your tutor, does a tutee also gain the pressure, ambition, loyalty etc hidden stats of his tutor?

The tutored player's hidden attributes change relative to the tutor depending on how successful it is. If the tutor has ambition of 17 and the tutored player ambition of 10 then a successful tutoring will see the ambition attribute increase to 13/14. It also works in reverse hence:-

originally posted by Lyssien:-

Since tutoring mainly affects these attributes, be careful as to what personality your tutors have. Professional, Resilient, Spirited, Determined, Resolute etc personalities are going to be good tutors. If a Spirited kid is tutored by a Balanced mentor, his personality is actually going to get worse.

I have seen the mentee inheriting the personality(light hearted) of the mentor and all ppms in a very successful tutoring. The mentee started out with about 4-5 less in the every hidden stats. This is rare though.

• 1 month later...

When creating a player in the editor, what kinda of personality settings would you choose so they never leave. Eg. Like Bojan, being very loyal. It happens alot in real life where a player stays with his favourite team so just wondering

• 1 month later...

Very nice work! :thup::thup::thup:

I just tried it out and so far I've had one player change from unsporting to realist with an ambitious tutor and another player has changed from fairly loyal to balanced with a leader as a tutor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
It suggests...

Light-Hearted: Sportsmanship > 14 & Pressure > 14 & Determination > 9 & Temperament > 9.

I have defender with the same personality lighthearted. At this moment his determination is 10. Does mean that eventually his determination will reach 14?

No, not necessarily. However, if you find him a suitable tutor with higher DET, his DET will increase and then he won't be described as 'light-hearted' anymore (possibly change to 'jovial').

New addtions:

(Total) Corrections:

Determined: Determination = 18-19 & Ambition > 9.

Edit those on to your first post.

• 3 weeks later...

Lyssien it's good to see you've updated this. I think this thread has become one of my favorites of all time in these forums (so much so, I have it bookmarked on my toolbar:D), I'm fascinated by all the different player personalities and how they interact or conflict with each other.:thup:

I nearly always manage lower league teams in small countries so loyalty from my players is a must. Have you got anymore info on loyal players or have you any relevant experience regarding player loyalty? It would be greatly appreciated.:)

I have found professional tutors to be bad if they tutor someone who is light hearted. Determined tutors seem to be the best.

Someone should right who can tutor who.

I don't think determined players are a good tutors for professional players even if professional players have a low determination stat.

what personality traits does "no my joab" have? this isn't a joke, one of my shortlisted regens has it

Sounds like a Scottish nutter! Can imagine some Scottish player telling his manager that it's "no my job" to mark someone, for example.

I'd guess that the player who has that personality trait doesn't like responsibility.

I could be entirely wrong, however.

he is scottish actually, and i saw on another forum that another user had the same player, with the same personality.

that seemed to indicate that it's an easter egg, and the programmer's put it in as a joke.

i want to know the backstory really, don't know where to find out

Gundo,

I don't have much info on Loyalty. I only know that it works in combination with Ambition. So your good youngsters need to have great Loyalty and NOT MUCH Ambition, so that you can hang on to them. On the other hand, too little Ambition may hinder their development, so personally I like Ambition to be medium.

Deltaroad,

"Light Hearted" does not give you much information on the player's Professionalism. Also, "Professional" does not give you any information on the player's Pressure. So that's a risky tutoring, indeed.

In general, who can tutor who was not obvious in FM08. The "personality difference" message seemed random in my tests. So, if this still has not changed, just try to pick tutors that will improve the youngster's personality if tutoring is successful. You can not do educated guesses on the possibility of success.

A "Balanced" player is someone who does not fit any other category. Most of his personality attributes are 6-14, with some possible exceptions that don't fit other descriptions.

Archived