Staff Roles????

I can tell you that coaches who do not have the full bar still get the appropriate "coaching stars" for the attributes they have... therefore my intuition would be that it works more as a measure of the preference a non-player has for a particular role, than as a modifier of their performance if they are in the role.

I'm still playing FM09. And for that one, if you go into the editor and give a fitness coach some preference in being a coach as well, it raises his attributes even without raising his CA.

Basically, if they have preferences in several roles (shown by the bar level), they'll usually have better attributes.

I'm still playing FM09. And for that one, if you go into the editor and give a fitness coach some preference in being a coach as well, it raises his attributes even without raising his CA.

Basically, if they have preferences in several roles (shown by the bar level), they'll usually have better attributes.

So I guess you just discovered that the staff roles weighted into the staffs CA in a way similar to what player positions did into the calculation of the players CA (if you want to read more about that see: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=58666). That still doesn't answer the question of the effectiveness of the attributes of a staff member being influenced by its "rating" in a specific staff role.

That still doesn't answer the question of the effectiveness of the attributes of a staff member being influenced by its "rating" in a specific staff role.

As I say, they can have a full bar for scouting and a CA of 10, or a low bar and JPA 15 because they can be a much better coach, assman or manager.

What it does indicate is how likely they are to take a job of that description. For instance, you get the odd non-staffer with 18 physio, but if his physio bar is low he won't consider accepting that role.

Having said all that, in the great scheme of all things FM, it's pretty useless!!

Archived