Several Gripes!

Having a fair few problems with the game since I got it on release. Some of them may be something i'm not doing right, others are certainly bugs and issues that need to be fixed in a patch ASAP, but they all come together and make this game extremely unenjoyable. This is purely off the top of my head right now...

1) Defenders give away far too many penalties. I've had plenty of my own saved or missed, AI never seems to miss theres though. These normally result in my defenders getting ridiculously low ratings and rarely, if ever, recovering from their mistakes. These penalties also come when you're holding onto a tight lead.

2) Wingers refuse to cut inside when set to be 'Inside Forwards'. This is seriously irking me. I'm using the support functions for Inside Forwards (Tried Attacking too) and I find my wingers still hug the touchlines (Yes they're set to 'Cut Inside'). If my wingers do find the space to cut inside, they'll try and play down the wings, then make a pass back to my full back to make the cross. Is anyone else seeing the same problem?

3) One-on-ones - my conversion ratio when one-on-one with the keeper is embarassingly bad. Doesn't matter how good my striker is, he can have 20 for finishing and 20 for composure and he'll still blast it at the goalkeeper. On the rare occassions they do round the keeper, they still hit it extremely close to him, thus resulting in another miss. The AI on the other hand seem to have mastered this. Get them one on one and they'll arrow a shot right into the top corner.

4) Long range shots. AI seems to be hitting plenty of long range shots at me and most of them are on target. In fairness, my players do the same, and the majority of goals scored by myself and the AI are 30 yarders, however this is both unrealistic and extremely irritating, especially when you lose/draw consecutive matches to something like this.

5) Set pieces. I'm guessing SI found the corner bug, cause I can't score for crap from them now. This is the sort of thing EA do with FIFA. If they find a flaw in an aspect of their game, they'll make sure it's the total opposite in the next game (Such as strength being the overulling factor in FIFA 10, whereas it was pace in FIFA 09). I think I conceed alot of goals from the AI hitting me on the counter attack from these, that's probably my fault though.

6) Pre-determined matches? I'm talking about cup games here. If you do manage to take the lead through the first leg, I tend to find i'm almost certainly going to lose the second leg, or i'll get through by the skin of the teeth. I created a thread yesterday about how I got hammered 6-0 by Porto in the CL Semi's, despite holding a 5-0 lead from the first leg. Nothing I could do could prevent it, tried everything in the book, but the AI seemed hellbent on having my players perform poorly and the computer hitting the target with every shot they had.

7) The transfer system seems to work better this time round, however it's still incredibly difficult to sell your players. I've not had a single decent offer for one of my players yet and the computer still seems to think you will get rid of your players on the cheap, but pay over the odds for theirs.

1) Defenders give away far too many penalties. I've had plenty of my own saved or missed, AI never seems to miss theres though. These normally result in my defenders getting ridiculously low ratings and rarely, if ever, recovering from their mistakes. These penalties also come when you're holding onto a tight lead.

Usually indicates that your defenders have poor positioning, composure, concertration, also could mean that a 'preferred move' is to dive into tackles. Also can be caused by setting tackling to hard. Any of these apply? Post their stats if you can.

2) Wingers refuse to cut inside when set to be 'Inside Forwards'. This is seriously irking me. I'm using the support functions for Inside Forwards (Tried Attacking too) and I find my wingers still hug the touchlines (Yes they're set to 'Cut Inside'). If my wingers do find the space to cut inside, they'll try and play down the wings, then make a pass back to my full back to make the cross. Is anyone else seeing the same problem?

Mine do it fine, both wingers have cut inside as a preferred moved, do yours?

Also what their strongest foot is effects this as a left footed winger on the right wing will very rarely cut inside. Also look at their agility and acceleration as these need to be decent, again post stats if you can.

3) One-on-ones - my conversion ratio when one-on-one with the keeper is embarassingly bad. Doesn't matter how good my striker is, he can have 20 for finishing and 20 for composure and he'll still blast it at the goalkeeper. On the rare occassions they do round the keeper, they still hit it extremely close to him, thus resulting in another miss. The AI on the other hand seem to have mastered this. Get them one on one and they'll arrow a shot right into the top corner.

You actually have a striker with 20 for both???, also concerntration effects this, obviously as well as the keepers 1-1 ability.

4) Long range shots. AI seems to be hitting plenty of long range shots at me and most of them are on target. In fairness, my players do the same, and the majority of goals scored by myself and the AI are 30 yarders, however this is both unrealistic and extremely irritating, especially when you lose/draw consecutive matches to something like this.

Has been noted by some, i cant comment cause i get quite a few but both my mc's have 20 for long shots and are set to take them etc so id expect it.

5) Set pieces. I'm guessing SI found the corner bug, cause I can't score for crap from them now. This is the sort of thing EA do with FIFA. If they find a flaw in an aspect of their game, they'll make sure it's the total opposite in the next game (Such as strength being the overulling factor in FIFA 10, whereas it was pace in FIFA 09). I think I conceed alot of goals from the AI hitting me on the counter attack from these, that's probably my fault though.

Usually is, are your defenders set high? Remember you need to read how the opposition are playing, if you see them sitting deep and trying to break you need to change you tactics to try and counter it, big trap is setting a tacting and just pressing play! Im glad they found the corner cheat cause it was rediculous as everyone used it to death and it cost game after game, no complaining that you cant cheat!!

6) Pre-determined matches? I'm talking about cup games here. If you do manage to take the lead through the first leg, I tend to find i'm almost certainly going to lose the second leg, or i'll get through by the skin of the teeth. I created a thread yesterday about how I got hammered 6-0 by Porto in the CL Semi's, despite holding a 5-0 lead from the first leg. Nothing I could do could prevent it, tried everything in the book, but the AI seemed hellbent on having my players perform poorly and the computer hitting the target with every shot they had.

I havent experienced this yet so i cant comment, i read your post yesterday and i agree 100% it seems very poor if it is commonly happening.

7) The transfer system seems to work better this time round, however it's still incredibly difficult to sell your players. I've not had a single decent offer for one of my players yet and the computer still seems to think you will get rid of your players on the cheap, but pay over the odds for theirs

Hmm, im the opposite, was thinking to myself last night how much easier it was, i sold 11 fringe players, every single one above value only having to offer them to clubs once so again i disagree on this one.

Archived