New Game Creation Window and Editor Hangs for 20 minutes?

At the moment in my FM10 db\edt folder there are 112 ddt files (not all are running at once) for the nations that I don't select\set to view only or aren't in FM10

Now from the Start Screen ---> Choose Database, it’s taking FM 10 up to 20 minutes to select the leagues or xml files I want to run, this also happens when loading the database in the editor.

Now I know 'RETAIN_PLAYERS and RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS does take FM a while to create a new game but why should this have an impact on the loading what leagues to run, what xml database to use and also using the editor?

PC Specs: AMD Phenom 9650 Quad Core – 2.3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2 667, Windows Ultimate 32 bit (upgrading Ram to 8gig and to Windows 7 64 bit or Ultimate 64 bit))

The ddt files consist of......

51 'RETAIN_PLAYERS' (with the RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS from that nation) from the playable leagues, the leagues and nations that are ticked are the nations that aren't selected or are set to view only.

54 'RETAIN_PLAYERS' from the 'lower leagues' from the leagues that are selected as playable (countries like Italy, Spain have two as sometimes I don't select the league below Serie B or the Segunda division), but aren't in FM, so like the leagues lower than the Confrence North\South in England.

And 7 ddt files with the rest of the worlds nations and clubs split into regions that aren’t officially in FM, like the Paraguayan league or the Luxemburg league.

Archived