Network Game Problems

Hi All.

I am trying to start a network game with my m8 who has gone to university to help keep in touch.

I have started a game, with the "Run as Server" option ticked, and then given my mate the ip address, and it then gives the error "Unable to connect to Server".

So I thought there was a problem with his internet, with it being a university maybe their firewall wudn't allow it.

But then i tried to get my brother to join my network game from his laptop, and he got the same error. Because we are using the same internet, i come up on the local servers list on his computer, and it wont let him join the game dat way either.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how they overcame it.

Thanks

Si

Hi All.

I am trying to start a network game with my m8 who has gone to university to help keep in touch.

I have started a game, with the "Run as Server" option ticked, and then given my mate the ip address, and it then gives the error "Unable to connect to Server".

So I thought there was a problem with his internet, with it being a university maybe their firewall wudn't allow it.

But then i tried to get my brother to join my network game from his laptop, and he got the same error. Because we are using the same internet, i come up on the local servers list on his computer, and it wont let him join the game dat way either.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how they overcame it.

Thanks

Si

Hi, had same problem on our network game, we set a password (on network screen in game) and we were able to connect. Hope it works for you,

Lee

Archived