assistants actually assisting, lazy good for nothings.

this may have to go into the wishlist but technically is not asking for anything, just want to discuss ways on improving the assistant mangager, because as far as i can see they are glorified coaches.

my suggestion, tactical, they have the ability to pcik a half decent side if you swan off to skegness for a fortnight so they should suggest ways to improve your own selection. im guessing this would come from, goals scored/goals conceded/chances on goal.

say you were conceding too many(there could be an acceptable average coded and if you go over etc. not too hard to implement) then the assman could suggest playing a holding midfielder, or say play him instead of him etc. etc.

just one idea, any one got any more?

The assistant is something I've been shoputing about for years. It has the potential to be a key area of the game.

My idea is to have the assistant that can provide tactical feed back and training input to help players master the game. There should be an option of having the assistant work as a kind of In-game help system, offering advice on settign training schedules up and advising where players need to focus on in training etc.

He should also give technical advice on tactics for matches and post match analysis', telling you where you went wrong with your last match and why the opposition beat you.

You would then be able to tone down his input with menu option once you feel you have started to understand the game better and his input is becoming to be a nuisance (as it undoubtedly would).

And the info should be really useful stuff! Not just little hints and tips! I don't have the benefit of a FIFA coaching badge and I'm no tactical genius - the game should take this into account and help me out with a real tactical insight. If I go 3 goals down to Man City (my current bogey team), I want to know where I am going wrong and what weaknesses they have to exploit.

sorry, i cant use the search button at work, my internet crashes while it is searching, i did go back two or three pages and there were just threads about users being ass. managers or asking who are good AM, ill just add my views to the other topic that just started as he has more to say and has other stuff in there too. close.

I posted an idea long ago saying how your AM should be giving you tactical advise about where its going wrong.

I actually think that they should use a ProZone like feature but instead of it actually being PrioZone, just represent it as your AM telling you the problems.

Archived