Scouting

My scout just spent 215 days in Romania and found nothing! Come on!

Besides that scouting UI is terrible. It needs the option to save and load filters at least. Knowing which country how many days will take to scout will be nice too.

And how hard is it to put an "End date" column? There are "Start date" and "Duration" already and you have plenty of space in that table.

Do you have a Romanian league activated? If not then the romanian players are likely to be greyed-out ones which means you can't sign nor scout them. I play with the ultimate player retain file and my scouts most of the times find at least some decent players.

No, I don't. :)

Made some research right after I posted and found that that is probably the problem, but still it is confusing and the UI is bad.

If I do that file trick to retain all players what will be the impact on game speed? By game speed I understand the time it takes to process fixtures when I press "space". I don't see how having persistent players who do nothing will affect that, but still? And I mean all players, because finding a great prospect from the other end of the world is big part of the game for me.

edit: I have 3 fresh scout reports on a player, that state he would be extremely interested in joining my club, but when offering him a contract he says he has no interest :confused:

In Romania for example there are probably about 4,000 players in the game. Adding these players WILL have a small impact on game speed.

(or at least according to the star rating system) I noticed when I started my game, after I added French players, my star rating went down half a star.

I find it's not a big drag on resources though...

On another note, one slightly erratic thing I did notice yesterday to do with scouting was that I asked my assman to scout Scotland (no filters), and he reported back ONLY 1 DAY LATER that he found no suitable candidates!

Although I am managing at level 10 which means that the list of players willing to come to my club are VERY small, but still that's some swift scouting methinks... :D

I guess I'll backup my save game and give it a try.

Do I have to check all the checkboxes on this site - http://www.ddtgenerator.co.uk/? Does "Retain Nations" mean to retain only the players in the national teams, not the players of that nationality?

Not sure. I've never used the ddt generator. Can anyone else help asdpoo with that?

I wouldn't rely on the star rating. When starting a game with the retain players file (approx player count 60,000) I only had half a star as game speed rating. It actually takes quite long to setup the game but once that is done I personally don't feel too much of a slowdown during the processing-window. As finding players around the globe is a big motivation for me, too, I can only advise you to give that retain player file a go and see for yourself if you can live with the slowdown.

Hmmm... Lets see if I get this right. The ddt file is just another way to do what "load players from xxxxx" does when creating new game and it doesn't affect saved games?

Isn't there any way to continue my saved game and have players around the world, like force it to create regens to populate the world?

Archived