Is it me or is there too much goals for strikers in FM 2010

First of all I love the game atm but starting to realise that way to many of the strikers in teams score goals ! not just me im currently playing as man city and tevez has already netted 20 league goals , we are 4th in the league atm and separated by 2 points from top. I looked at the player stats / goal standings and noticed that there were A LOT of players above 15 goals already and this was only halfway thru the season with Rooney leading at 23 goals and ive noticed that this is the most he has ever scored in his career lol. I don think its my tactics its just not me thats scoring a lot with strikers its pretty much the whole league. Also i find that no one else scores very much outside being a striker e.g midfields /wingers free kicks and penalties not counting. Anyone else find this problem?

I understand you concern.

Have started my first game with AC Milan.

And after just 8 games my goalscorers look like this:

Alessandro Nesta, 7 games 1 goal

Ronaldinho, 8 games 3 goals

Pato, 8 games 8 goals

Filippo Inzaghi, 3 games 3 goals

Ruud van Nistelrooy, 5 games 7 goals

Wow, 4 posts and no one said that it's your tactics.

I agree with you. For me there are definately more striker goals whereas my defenders almost never score anymore and my midfielders score significantly less. I play with the same team and a very similar tactic to last years FM. Last year I found it hard to have a player score more than 15 league goals and now I already have two with some games still to go. I can't really decide whether it's a good or bad thing.

Strikers definitely scores lots, but im loving it :)

In my second season with liverpool, switching between 451 and 442, my strikers and midfielders has scored as follows :

ST:Torres 37(2) 30 goals

ST: Dzeka 31(13) 31

ST:Milevskyi 13(10) 17

AML: Vucinic 34(7) 12

CM:Gerrard 32(2) 13

CM:VDV 37(9) 9

Almost everyone in my team has grabbed a couple of goals, but its definitely my strikers who scores the most. And for me, thats the way it should be, its the most fun :)

I just finished my second season with Sampdoria , finishing second in the league.

My top scorer had 7 goals. And he was a central midfielder!

My star striker (cassano ) scored 5 in the entire season.

This was probably due to my super negative tactics , (1-0 victories!)

Just finished my 1st season with Middlesbrough, winning the championship using the 4-2-3-1 Asymmetric formation.

My main striker Jonathan Cristaldo played 48 games, scoring 47 goals.

And I'm sure that half of them were 20+ yard screamers.

last year everyone was crying about scoring too few, this year it's too many. i think it's just fine. although my team has been scoring a lot less after the patch (and the corner trick doesn't work either).

was going to say the exact same thing as soon as i read the title!

Unbelievable how there were so many people last year complinging how rediculous it was that strikers were not scoring enough and how rubbish it was that your AMC etc was scoring all the goals, now strikers are scoring too many and the AMC's are not scoring enough, do some people just buy a game to complain about it? I know i have gone a bit OTT but its reasons like this that games are never as good as they could be cause people who pick at everything and complain about the stupidest of things get listended to and considered when developing the new versions

Agreed, in a way. I think the issue isn't that individual players score too many goals because its believable that the top goal scorer in a league would score about 30+ in a good year. I think the problem is is that there are far too many players who are scoring 25+ goals in a season. There's usually only 1-3 in real life if any.

However, any leagues which you are also running and are not being simulated in full detail have way too little scoring if you look at the top scorer history for those leagues. Say you are playing in Italy but also running England and Spain, if you go and look at the top scorer history for spain and england the numbers will be too low, hardly ever a top scorer above 25+ in a season.

It just needs to be balanced out somehow.

Unbelievable how there were so many people last year complinging how rediculous it was that strikers were not scoring enough and how rubbish it was that your AMC etc was scoring all the goals, now strikers are scoring too many and the AMC's are not scoring enough, do some people just buy a game to complain about it? I know i have gone a bit OTT but its reasons like this that games are never as good as they could be cause people who pick at everything and complain about the stupidest of things get listended to and considered when developing the new versions

I believe that my comment is very valid Rooney has broken his scoring record in the premier league and its not even halfway thru the season, so has tevez, so has van persie , so has drogba . Players that score 20-30 goals in a season in the premier league there is only about 3-5 at most but in fm 2010 there are already that ammount and its only half way through the season I am not nit picking I was just astonished at the ammount of goals THIS IS UNREALISTIC and this could make the game better if fixed . Its better to say whats wrong with the game than bend over and take all the crap with the game and get it shoved up your backside without saying ****. Ive paid for this game so I deserve to show my opinion fair enough if you dont agree . As this clearly shows u dont know **** about football tbh.

how on earth does it mean i know nothing about football? From saying that i think people should stop complaining about every little thing and accept its a game? I think you may need to settle down a tad..

"Ive paid for this game so I deserve to show my opinion " surely i can have mine too without you being abusive or did you just want to give an opinion and not listen to anyone elses?

the funniest thing is people are saying its a problem they are scoring goals....

seriously though i aren't having much of an issue, i do get the odd one but i do have an amc with 20 for long shots etc, if you think its a bug put it in the bug forum, i personally agree with the majority in that its not too much of an issue, i have no records like that in my save and im 2 seasons into a game running about 15 leagues

its obviously happening, but as i said someone needs to post it and upload a save in the bugs forum. I have looked though most of the leagues and there is nothing out of the ordinary in any leage, england had rooney as top scorer with 29, serie a had eto'o with 26, laliga had ibra with 31 etc so its obviously random

I am having the same issue, and it might be my tactics but I am also getting a heap of games ending 4-4. 5-3, 4-3, 6-5 even at least 4 or 5 in half a season in my own games and probabaley 10 or so in the A1 games. I mean Arsenal just beat Man Utd 6-3. Im playing as Chelsea btw.

I am still not quite finished with my 1st season. Looking at the leagues Spain, Italy, France, Germany and Holland all seem to have quite normal numbers. The only league that sticks out for me is the EPL. With 6-7 games remaining there are 4 players with 20+ goals, with Rooney at the top with 31 goals from 23 apps (he was out for 6 weeks starting mid january). I am playing as Spurs and allthough I am happy that things are going well, having R Keane scoring 23 gls from 24 apps does seem a tad bit askew to me. It's not a big deal and I am enjoying the game, but some tweaking in the balance department does seem to be in order IMO.

I haven't played the game long enough to make a proper judgement on this but reading through the forums it does appear to be a bit of a problem. Read the Man Utd thread on the GP&T forum - players are regularly having Rooney and Berbatov both scoring in excess of 30 goals a season sometimes 40+. Throughout United's history it has been rare for one player to score 30 goals never mind two - that hasn't happened in my lifetime to the best of my knowledge.

Speculation is pointless though without some cold, hard facts so I'll do some research on this when I finish my first season (I did this last year and things like goals per game, strikers ratios, 0-0 draws were virtually spot on). I have England, Spain, Italy, Scotland, France, Germany and Holland on full detail so I'll see how the game compares to real life then and post the results.

I can agree that some really bad strikers are scoring lots.

In the real world however, its not that crazy.

Didnt C.Ronaldo score like 40+ a couple of years back? Didnt H.Larsson score 50+ a few years back for Celtic??

While there is some bad defending, not much closing down and lots of goals, the game is actually very enjoyable for me.

Good to see strikers scoring one on ones for a change.

The thing that people find annoying is that it takes 3 years for a problem to be fixed. I.E. Last year people were saying strikers don't score enough now this year it's that they score to many. Year after year it happens, something happens too often or not enough, the next release it's the polar opposite then the year after that they get it just about right.

SI have acknowledged that this is being (constantly) looked at, though, and I'm sure they're on top of the data and aware that it's not quite right at the moment.

It's not a quick fix, though. It's not like they have a table which automatically adjusts the goalscoring ratios for each position. Any minor change to the ME is going to have knock-on effects for the number of goals scored, who scores them, the number of injuries, the number of red cards, the number of tackles, etc. And then they've got to make sure that scales down properly to lower leagues, as well. So it's a constant balancing act, which I don't envy :)

Archived